Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Guererro at 151-Pounds, on Target To Make Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Guererro at 151-Pounds, on Target To Make Weight

Barring a complete physical shutdown from one or both fighters, there should be little drama at the scales this Friday in San Jose.

The Showtime-televised main event between Selcuk Aydin and Robert Guerrero carries title fight implications, with Aydin’s interim WBC welterweight belt at stake. As silly as interim titles are (most titles, these days), one benefit of a fight sanctioned by the WBC is the safety weight checks conducted both 30 days and 7 days prior to fight night. [Click Here To Read More]

The Ghost will make his presence known on Saturday. Aydin will be a victim of superior boxing ability.

Comment

Real interested in what Guerrero brings to this higher weight. To me he is of the most underrated fighters and could pose difficulties to the elite at welterweight if he carries the weight well. I think Aydin gets worked possible late stoppage.

Comment

Any man who fights for his family, especially a wife who had Cancer, is going to be one hell of a fighter to deal with. Hard not to pull for him, especially against the big-mouthed Aydin.

Comment

This might slow Robert down. He was 130 just a few years ago. Pretty sure he didn't have a growth spurt.

135 to 147 is a very interesting jump. Could be rough.

Comment

Cant wait to see how he looks..........

Comment

That's right, Guerrero my boy demonstrating how a true pro handles business.

Comment

Guerrero is getting knocked out. He's taking on too much, too quick against a relentless, murderous puncher. The Ghost will have a hard time just keeping this guy off of him.

Comment

I hope RG gets ktfo!

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                    Guerrero is getting knocked out. He's taking on too much, too quick against a relentless, murderous puncher. The Ghost will have a hard time just keeping this guy off of him.
                    thats what is so great about this fight it is dangerous and can end in more ways than one alot of people might agree with you and i respect that but here is what i think robert had the balls to take this fight and he is going to be sharp and strong ring rust was left in the gym robert has alot more skills than they are giving him credit for aydins people say they feel sorry for robert because aydins going to steam roll him save that sorry feeling for the flight home robert is going to show this guy what cleto reyes taste like robert hits hard enough to stop this guy and anyone who has ever been in there knows straight punches beat looping punches every time and i think robert will have this overconfident steamroller coming in trying to get the ko you know what happens when you try to force a ko it wont happen robert will be the toughest fight this guy has ever fought if he gets careless it might not play out like they think who ever gets caught first might have to cancel christmas the way to keep him off him is to turn him so much he wont be able to set his feet a good hitter cant hit if he cant set his feet i know everyone has a story and yours is a good one too we will see it up close and personal real soon lets dance
                    Last edited by rshotgunshkly; 07-27-2012, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X