Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do fighters ever aim at spots like elbows?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do fighters ever aim at spots like elbows?

I don't know about other people but when I hit my elbow it hurts, and I doubt boxers can magically build muscle around the elbow since I'm pretty sure that part is all bone for the most part.

And when you're in a hard fight, does it help hitting a fighter in the elbows? Does it force them to drop their hands sometimes because they're getting tired of getting hit in the elbows?

Originally posted by s5-soldier View Post
    I don't know about other people but when I hit my elbow it hurts, and I doubt boxers can magically build muscle around the elbow since I'm pretty sure that part is all bone for the most part.

And when you're in a hard fight, does it help hitting a fighter in the elbows? Does it force them to drop their hands sometimes because they're getting tired of getting hit in the elbows?
    not sure about elbows, but i know roy jones jr did one of the strangest/smartest things i've ever seen in a fight, when he was aiming and hitting Eric Harding's shoulder, which later caused him to quit

Comment

More fighters should throw punches to their opponents arms.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
        More fighters should throw punches to their opponents arms.
        Yeah, I know it sounds idiotic but I remember Cotto breaking some Italian boxers arm when he hit him in the elbow/forearm area.

Comment

Floyd quits against Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by s5-soldier View Post
            Yeah, I know it sounds idiotic but I remember Cotto breaking some Italian boxers arm when he hit him in the elbow/forearm area.

I've notice Floyd punch people in the arms before, bruised and battered arms don't help.

Comment

I don't think many fighters aim at elbows, bone meets bone there and it's normally the bones in the hand that tend to break. It's how a lot of fighters break their hands during fights, when they throw body shots but hit their opponents' elbow instead.

Fighters do aim for arms and shoulders though, Cotto did it against Branco.

Marciano once beat Roland LaStarza's arms up so badly LaStarza had to have operations done to both arms.

Recently Giovanni Segura basically hit anything he could find on Ivan Calderon.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                Thats a man who's determined to win. When they throw because they know its the only way they can win, its better then someone covering up in a shell for 12 rounds then crying about being robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  I don't think many fighters aim at elbows, bone meets bone there and it's normally the bones in the hand that tend to break. It's how a lot of fighters break their hands during fights, when they throw body shots but hit their opponents' elbow instead.

Fighters do aim for arms and shoulders though, Cotto did it against Branco.

Marciano once beat Roland LaStarza's arms up so badly LaStarza had to have operations done to both arms.
                  Marciano capatilized on hitting his opponents on the arms until his opponents couldn't hold them up, once the arms were too bruised to be held up he went for the head.

Not a bad tactic but you lose some much of your energy that way...

Comment

The elbow is the hardest part on the body, you hit someone there, you risk breaking your hand. I don't doubt that fighters aim at opponents arms or shoulder to tire them out but I'm pretty sure they don't aim for the elbow.

Comment

Working...
                    X