Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO's Mark Taffet expecting Marquez vs Mayweather to do 1 MILLION PPV buys!(VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    Taffet and Schaefer look like they know what they're talking about and **** all the other interviewers that chick knows what she's doing.

Anything over a 600k is a success.
    I would say it won't go over 200K PPV buys.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Really? Even with the amount of marketing dollars being pumped in promotion? It would seem like they have a large margin to get back.

They definitely have their work cut out for them. We all know the the gate revenue fell far below expectations, that is a fact. There are still tickets available for this fight at this very second.

I don't see this fight getting more than 500K buys honestly. The public seems interested in seeing Floyd Mayweather back, but they did not want to see him fight Marquez.

I agree with Dana White in that they are giving us something we never asked for. I don't know anyone who wanted to see this fight happen.

Comment

i can tell you this much, it'll do good. not sure if it'll reach exactly the 1mil mark but it might be close.

friends of mine (here in puerto rico) who're casual fans are buying the fight ... just because mayweather is returning. friends who rarely show much interest in boxing, specially non puerto rican fighters. some got intrigued by the 24/7 show, others just want to see floyd back in the ring and others with mixed reasons, including watching to see if floyd loses. others are buying it because they said that we rarely get big events like this through the year and when it does happen, you might as well watch it. they also said i'd make for a good house party/get together.

i was surprised at the amount of friends and college classmates who said they bought it.

Comment

this fight had more promotion going into it than any other boxing match in the last 5 years. if it don't do 1+ million ppv buys that will be sad.

Comment

Originally posted by peyk-peyk View Post
            I would say it won't go over 200K PPV buys.
            give it a rest dog, kinda pathetic.

Comment

She did a great job with that interview. They sidestepped the question about going head to head with the UFC but it's expected. Why give them any additional mentions in the media? The figures for the fight revenue were pretty surprising. Each one of their "megafights" is bringing in as much if not more than some of the office blockbusters.

Comment

Originally posted by mexpwr915 View Post
                She did a great job with that interview. They sidestepped the question about going head to head with the UFC but it's expected. Why give them any additional mentions in the media? The figures for the fight revenue were pretty surprising. Each one of their "megafights" is bringing in as much if not more than some of the office blockbusters.
                Yes, on the first night of the movie's release. It is an insane amount of money generated by these megafights, its just sad that greedy promoters and managers choose not to invest money back into the sport, but rather keep the 'now' money, and let the sport suffer ultimately.

Comment

Originally posted by gancho_al_igado View Post
                  she did do well. She asked some questions that haven't been asked on tv before. Espn should be ashamed of themselves!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOREBASS View Post
                    Yes, on the first night of the movie's release. It is an insane amount of money generated by these megafights, its just sad that greedy promoters and managers choose not to invest money back into the sport, but rather keep the 'now' money, and let the sport suffer ultimately.
                    I think GB is putting money into the sport, look at the card this sat, iam sure its not the cheapest to put up. They invest alot of money on promoting the fight wich brings alot of attention to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                      I agree, that was actually a very good interview. She covered a lot and it was clear that she did her research beforehand. Sad that the same can't even be said for ESPN sportscasters, whose jobs are to... cover sports!

How can you say it's beyond expectations when both Taffet and Schaefer are on record as stating it as a target number?

I will say this - regardless of the final tally, Schaefer deserves all the credit in the world for going full throttle with this promotion. A skeptic will say that was motivation behind his thinking way outside the box, but the fact of the matter is that he hustled his ass off for this one.
                      To her credit she did say she was a fan of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X