No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia on Facing Broner, Unsure of Peterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia on Facing Broner, Unsure of Peterson

Danny Garcia is currently the reigning WBC and WBA Junior Welterweight champion but that may not be the case for long as Garcia is looking to move up in weight and enter boxing’s glamour division of 147 pounds.

When Garcia was in Carson, CA for the Shawn Porter-Kell Brook fight he informed the plan was to look to move up which means that a fight with IBF Junior Welterweight champion Lamont Peterson may not be a possibility as once thought.

BoxingScene asked Garcia if he felt the Peterson fight was big enough for him to stick around at 140 pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Salka is more deserving than Peterson according to Gift.

Comment

I just don't know about this article, man. I just don't know, you know? I think it's really up to someone else to decide that.

Comment

Swift is the IBF champ!!

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
        That not what Garcia said. Dan beat Lucas M who was the uncrowned IBF champ. KingPete got knocked out in three rounds by Lucas but kept the IBF because of politics. Why the heck does swift need to fight Peterson? I like Pete but he got a gift vs Khan and tested positive for elavated testosterone. Regardless of the excused Pete used, dude should've been stripped!

Comment

Salka fight was a build up to a salka rematch

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
            Bingo!!! Lol. Nail on the head. ////

I don't like Broner at all. But I would defiantly be pulling for him to beat the breaks of Garcia. He won't give Peterson a shot but will Salka lmfao at this coward. He should fight Floyd. They can name the card "Cowards Collide".

Comment

If he doesn't fight PEDerson, he better fight someone good at welterweight.

Comment

People give garcia a hard time about salka, but there's not many who would turn down 700k to fight a nobody. Showtime is to blame for giving that kind of cash. Garcia has been at 140 his entire career, it has to be mentally and physically draining to still make weight. I agree, a peterson fight is not worth draining yourself for. It'll do nothing for his career. He's already beaten the top 140 pounders. Go to 147, fight Victor "vicious" Ortiz or Andre berto. Beating any of those two bums GUARANTEES YOU a Floyd shot or Co feature in one of his fights

Comment

You cant say fighting Peterson will do nothing for your career when you just fought Salka!!!

Comment

I think Garcia will move up to 147

Comment

Working...
                    X