Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defensive Boxing Is Useless In Real Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFC is close to real life fighting? Huh, I've never seen a fight where one guy lays on top of another for three minutes and they rub their junk together, only occasionally throwing an elbow or punch.

I find it hard to believe that having the ability to slip punches and take advantage of missed punches is useless in a street fight.

Comment

So much wrong in just one post don't even know where to begin......

do us all a favor and delete your account sugar ****, boxing is a gentleman's sport that you do not understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
        Let's be honest, we all watch boxing for the close assimilation of real life combat.

now that MMA is more popular because it is that much closer to real life combat than boxing.

When you have defensive people who shoulder roll and get on their backfoot pedalling......... that **** just will NOT WORK in real life.

First of all, you got clothes on. Unless you're fighting on daytona beach. I got into it last night in Memphis Tennesee(visiting a hospital client). This dude was dipping and diving right off the bat like sweatpea. I throw one punch he dips back and I run up grab his shirt before he can swerve again. Dude looked mind****ed, he got held in place for me to unload a plethora of knuckle sandwiches.

Within 15 seconds, sweatpea wannabe is twitching on the ground cerebral palsy style.

LOL @ defensive boxing on the street. that is all.
        at the same time MMA fighters are generally dumb and only average at a lot of things. A boxer has fast hands for ****ing peeps up. Going to the ground in a street fight is the last thing I wanna do.

Comment

My fathers former neighbor David Telesco (fought rjj) knocked out 3 bouncers down the street from my house when they tried manhandling him. Mind you bouncers are not small men. Boxing doesnt work in the street my ass. Mind you also that telesco was never champion

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
            Let's be honest, we all watch boxing for the close assimilation of real life combat.

now that MMA is more popular because it is that much closer to real life combat than boxing.

When you have defensive people who shoulder roll and get on their backfoot pedalling......... that **** just will NOT WORK in real life.

First of all, you got clothes on. Unless you're fighting on daytona beach. I got into it last night in Memphis Tennesee(visiting a hospital client). This dude was dipping and diving right off the bat like sweatpea. I throw one punch he dips back and I run up grab his shirt before he can swerve again. Dude looked mind****ed, he got held in place for me to unload a plethora of knuckle sandwiches.

Within 15 seconds, sweatpea wannabe is twitching on the ground cerebral palsy style.

LOL @ defensive boxing on the street. that is all.

It looks like that astrological thread isnt the only thread you chat bs in..

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              UFC is close to real life fighting? Huh, I've never seen a fight where one guy lays on top of another for three minutes and they rub their junk together, only occasionally throwing an elbow or punch.
              You're my favorite poster today.

Comment

boxers have a pretty good track record in street fights going by history.

Comment

you are a super idiot if you really believe that. defensive abilities are even more important in 'real life' than in the boxign ring, because without big ole gloves on those little love taps you see so often from defensive fighters **** your day up real bad. Whenever I participate in the on campus mma club, even with mma gloves just jabs will bust lips and snap heads. Hell, I literally knocked out a kid with a jab to the body. Theres no way you could flat out KO a person with a jab to the body with big gloves on.

Now if youre saying that guys that hug and **** a lot in boxing wouldnt work well in a 'steet' fight...maybe Ill give you that. But fighting defensively with no gloves is crucial since such weak punches can still cause so much damage.

Comment

lol at def boxing doesnt work in street fights. tell that to the two mexiconos who both got check hooks when they tried to mug me.

Comment

How do you shoulder roll from this???

Comment

Working...
                      X