No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek Contracted To Fight Wladimir, If Vitali Get Beat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
    You're probably right. I just figured Haye thought he was losing anyway, so that clause was something he could make an issue out of and bellyache about to try to make the K-Bros look bad in the press. And it worked, to some degree, I must admit. If he really believed what he said about the brothers being so easy to beat, he should have welcomed the chance to lock them in contractually.
    Yes it's partially what you and the other posters say, but not all. I think the REAL reason was something else. He had strong doubts about winning, true, therefore he sruck to his "retirement" date like glue. He had strong doubts about winning, therefore he poursed as much dirt as he dared on the Klitschko's which also intensified their desire to "teach him a lesson" and in the process make them agree to almost anything just to get him in the ring.

But for ME there os ONE major reason which has never been mentioned before....except by me, in other contexts. and that is............

Haye is such a posturing extrovert that it is a sickness with him. Fame and recognition are his food and drink. When he "got" (I won't say "won") his paper title he was parading up and down the streets so as to make sure everybody recognised him. He NEVER uttered a comment without making certain that he also mentioned "when I won my World Title Crown" ...or "me, as the Champion of the World" and on and on ad nauseam. He MADE opportunities so that he could. He LOVED the sound of it, and wanted it to last as long as possible. Which, he KNEW, would only be until he met one of the Klitschko's in the ring.

I noticed this very early, it was EXACTLY like Ronnie Nathanielsz never failing to mention "Manny Pacquiao, the Philippines Boxing icon and hero of the people, 8 division World Champion and best fighter in the World for the past decade" etc.etc. at every opportunity.

Just my opinion

Comment

If you beat crazy Vitali, Wladimir will be too scared when he enters the ring, cause the man he fears he most in the World is his big brother.

Comment

Haye to me didnt want the clause for 2 almost opposite reasons.

1. He is deluded. He to this day probably believes he deserves a rematch with Wlad and deserves more money for that rematch. Haye wouldnt want a 50/50 split on the rematch with the other brother, he'd want to re-negotiate, make more money, come to the ring second, choose location and everything etc...He is somewhat a savvy businessman, but I dont think its on purpose. Everyone knows that if Wlad lost, Vitali would probably would have paid money to fight Haye. Haye knew he could take advantage of that in re-negotiations.

2. Haye is a coward and also somewhat of a realist. Whether true or not the perception for the last 7 years is that Wlad is ****ing Achilles. He is the perfect fighter except he has one weakness, his chin. Haye clearly saw his one chance as getting to Wlad's chin a la Sanders. If Haye did get to the chin, and did beat Wlad, he'd then have to fight a supremely motivated Vitali. If Haye beat Wlad and then was killed by Vitali, Haye's legacy wouldnt really improve much, Wlad's just would have gone down to nothing. Vitali's of course would have skyrocketed. Haye has never wanted to fight Vitali, you cant win on points throwing 9 punches a round to an opponents 90, and you cant win by KO against Vitali.

Thats why imo he made such a big deal out of the rematch clause. Adamek's different. Im not sure if Adamek truly believes he will win, but I am sure he and his people think they have a chance. (I think they are praying Vitali ages 10 years on september 9th and shows up the next day an old man). Adamek has never been dominated, and in his one loss he fought a great fighter and came within a hair of winning. He also had a great excuse...he was weight drained (whether legit or not, im sure he believes it and thats all that matters). Until youve been beat, until youve been in the ring with someone who you know that at least on that night they are just better than you, its hard not to be extremely confident...even if all logic tells you otherwise.

I think Vitali has that confidence as well. In his mind he's never been beat. Ive heard him talk about his kick boxing career like he was undefeated and his few losses were robberies or flukes. Thats not a bad thing, thats how a fighter should feel. To me when I listen to Vitali I hear a guy who feels he is unbeatable. Thats the difference to me between Vit and Wlad. Wlad's tasted defeat, he knows what it feels like to be hit so hard you lose body control, he knows exhaustion, Vitali knows how a torn rotator cuff and a cut feel. He doesnt know what it feels like to get beaten. And again, I dont care what you think about the Byrd or Lewis fights, thats not what im talking about. Im talking about what Vitali feels, Vitali clearly felt like in the Byrd fight he hurt himself, he was winning even while hurt, and quit to prevent permanent injury. Against Lewis he felt he was killing Lewis, should have been given the DQ win (actually thought when it was stopped at first that he won), and that Lewis retired in fear of him. Again, not turning this into a debate over the fight, but thats what Vitali thinks. So many fighters go down hill when they realize theyre vulnerable, and beatable, and so many fighters carry a chip on their shoulder and an inner confidence that helps them win a lot of fights because they have never been beat and dont believe they can be beat.

Comment

Just got a google alert that Vitali stopped training camp to return to Kiev.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised when Adamek loses to Vitali he still would get a title shot at Vladimir probably due to he'll be a easy win.

Comment

Adamek can't beat either one

Comment

Working...
              X