No announcement yet.

Matthysse...Cab drivers and crooked refs... Talk about hometown gifts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FerFal'sStepDad View Post
    I think Garcia looked better against Judah for starters and I seriously think we are basing too much on the Dallas KO and the Peterson KO. Much better fighters have been KOd in the past and considering Peterson was off his ROIDS for the Lucas fight... I ain't impressed son.

Dallas? Aight... Yea, it was Dallas man.

Look here, Danny is bringing the ****** power on the 14th. I think we are going to see Lucas in some trouble. I think Garcia is putting in a lot of work for this fight in the gym and will prove to be the stronger fighter on the 14th.

I got $20 on Danny.
    Garcia looked better early against Judah a couple of years later with Zab even more over-the-hill. He also was legitimately hurt late in the fight by a notorious mid-fight fader. Lucas has never looked that troubled.

The Dallas KO means little to me as well - but so does the KO of Ancient Morales by Danny. The two best recent wins for both fighters are Khan for Garcia and Peterson for Matthysse. Khan is notoriously glass-chinned and defensively leaky, and despite the roids, Peterson was still viewed as a solid fighter and had never been demolished in that fashion.

With Garcia you have a fairly slow fighter with good timing, but he's certainly there to be hit. His boxing fundamentals are solid, though. Matthysse's are as well, but are overlooked because of the wildness he sometimes displays and the brutal KO power.

If Garcia couldn't stop a faded Judah - and even let him take over the championship rounds - I doubt he can truly hurt Matthysse, who has shown a great chin. Plus, Danny's there to be hit and Lucas has big power in both hands always. He doesn't need to summon any ****** strength.

Lucas by KO, but I give Danny about a 20% chance based on the fact that they're both relatively unproven.

Comment

• Although ancient, Morales had tons of experience and took the rather highly regarded Maidana, deep into the trenches. Dallas on the otherhand, beat no one.

Comment

• Originally posted by liverkiller View Post
        Although ancient, Morales had tons of experience and took the rather highly regarded Maidana, deep into the trenches. Dallas on the otherhand, beat no one.

The kids saw Dallas sleeping and all wet their beds and dubbed the hypejob the next ATG. NOT convinced... Neither is Angel or Danny Garcia.

Neither man's resume is exactly all that impressive just yet, they will both be the best fighter either one has fought. The 14th will show us ALL show is the real deal at 140lbs. There was a time when this forum was flooded with Pacquaio, and now the kids are not so sure anymore.

#1 fight analyst picks Garcia

Last edited by FerFal'sStepDad; 08-29-2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X