Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
      Something for your first-gen RNR trip,

^^ The Everly Brothers' 10 singles on Cadence, A's and B's. If their career only began and ended with their time at that label, they'd still be ATG's. Turned out it was just the start of a Golden Legacy. Completely essential first gen RNR right there (I ripped from Disc 1 of the 'Brothers In Rhythm' set; I'll add their 2 Cadence LP's later).

'Bird Dog' b/w 'Devoted To You' and 'Problems' b/w 'Love Of My Life' are among that stash of beloved 45's Buddy took on the road with him.

ps. might need to just change the extension to .rar

Downloading now broths.

Have you seen Macca's documentary on Holly? Everly appears in it quite a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stones! View Post
        Downloading now broths.

Have you seen Macca's documentary on Holly? Everly appears in it quite a bit.
        Yeah, bredda; watched the youtube in chunks, saw Don and Phil's contributions.

I won't even rave about the Evs for now. The tunes can speak for themselves.

Comment

• Man, I've been looking for quite some time for a Dylan live bootleg blog or forum, but they seem to be dead.

I'd really like to see one like the fellas at the Springsteen forum have put together.

Comment

• http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90...s-73620-2.html

Take a look at that collection, far out.

All the links are dead - how is that even possible.

Comment

Man, I've been looking for quite some time for a Dylan live bootleg blog or forum, but they seem to be dead.

I'd really like to see one like the fellas at the Springsteen forum have put together.
              IIRC, there used to be a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig bootleg download section/thread over at expectingrain.com. Haven't been around that way in a while, though. If it's still there, it might only be visible to sign-ups.

Comment

• Boudleaux Bryant; Felice Bryant - Everly Bros. seem to have covered them plenty. Bye Bye Love was sweet.

Comment

• That thread is insane,

Comment

Boudleaux Bryant; Felice Bryant - Everly Bros. seem to have covered them plenty. Bye Bye Love was sweet.
                    BBL was rejected by bare acts, E among them.

When the Evs made that stellar hit out of it, the Bryants started writing with the bros. in mind. From 'Wake Up Little Susie' on.

The Everly-penned ballad flipsides on those first two Cadence singles are just treasure.

Comment

• Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
                      IIRC, there used to be a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig bootleg download section/thread over at expectingrain.com. Haven't been around that way in a while, though. If it's still there, it might only be visible to sign-ups.
                      Nice, I'm going to browse the forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X