Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Losses Have Made a Fighter a Better Fighter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Losses Have Made a Fighter a Better Fighter...

I've heard lots of people say that Canelo losing to Floyd made him a better fighter.
    What other loses do you think improved a fighter?

Lennox Lewis became a better fight after the McCall defeat. He hired a world class trainer and lost habits he had from the amateurs.

If you're going back in the day, Joe Louis learnt a lot from the first Schmeling fight.

I'd also mention Barrera who I believe became a better boxer after his defeats to Junior Jones.

maidana vs alexander

Comment

PAC-Morales
      Floyd-Mosley (in the sense that Floyd started running more and utilizing pocket space and stopped going face to face)

Comment

Maidana?..

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
          PAC-Morales
          Floyd-Mosley (in the sense that Floyd started running more and utilizing pocket space and stopped going face to face)
          I wouldn't call what he did agaisnt Ortiz and Cotto "running"

Comment

Poster boy for this is Canelo. He used to hesitate but the loss to Mayweather taught him to have a sense of urgency, which is the only reason he beat Lara.

Comment

Glen johnson losing to hopkins
              Hopkins losing to jones

Comment

Wladimr losing to brewster n sanders

Serg losing to margarito

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
                  PAC-Morales
                  didn't run against Ortiz, didn't run against Canelo, didn't run against Cotto.

Try again.

Comment

Floyd's last loss in the Olympics. I think if he had been given the gold he wouldn't have the same drive to remain undefeated as a pro.

Comment

Working...
                    X