Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How great would Buster Douglas have been if he fought every fight...............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well tbh boxing is about consistency and thus he didn't get far.

However it is also the fact that Tyson had his own issues which helped him.

But to your question, he may have done well, but also perhaps the death of his mother drove him.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post

But to your question, he may have done well, but also perhaps the death of his mother drove him.
      That's what i believe it was. He said he wanted to win that fight for his mother and people can find that bit extra when they are truly determined to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post

I hear ya but I am saying if that Douglas that fought Tyson fought every fight that way how far could he have went?

Comment

Even though I didnt like Buster, he was a undisciplined slob, but if he fought every fight like he did against Tyson, NO ONE, including maybe even Ali, would have beat him that nigh. Dude was a machine that night with speed, power and heart. He never fought close to that again, before or after. He was a average heavyweight until that night, and below average after that fight. I think his mom dying woke something up in him, because he was a beast that night. Anyone who doesnt agree that the Buster Douglas of that fight against Tyson, would have been very very unbeatable against any of the greats, does not know boxing.

Comment

Working...
          X