Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks high? Erik Morales or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for Marquez. They are both great and I have seen them both fight many times and studied their careers. Marquez is the better fighter and the harder trainer.Morales sometimes had sub par performances. Marquez only had one bad performance I can remember against Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Marquez by far... beats morales in every category

Longevity
      Skills
      Multiple divisions
      Never blown out by manny

Don't even see how it's debatable

Fanboys just love morales' exciting style but he was not on Marquez's level
      Hahahahaha skills hahahaha learn about boxing. Kid.

He is in the same level, here a lot of people said that Morales was better.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
        Lost every millisecond to Floyd.
        Again, didn't win against John boy.
        Past-it Barrera, but good on him.
        Diaz, Katsidis, & Casamayor are nice wins, but none are A-level by any stretch of the imagination. Barrera & Manny were.
        He got beat clearly by Bradley.
        All he has is Manny four times, and that's because of a styles clash, not his actual credentials. You wouldn't put him on Manny's level, would you?

Seriously, go take a look at both of their resumes. You can't tell me that Morales' isn't better?
        41-0 with wins over McCullough, Jones, Zaragosa, Kelley, Juarez, BARRERA, then 48-2 with more wins over green Pacquiao, Ayala, Hernandez & Chavez unify.

PS, longevity? Morales won his first title six year before Marquez, and they each held their last in 2011. Marquez lost to a guy named Freddy... Morales was closer than anything in beating a monster in Maidana to win a belt at 140 with one eye shut...

It it because Morales lost both trilogies to Barrera & Manny coupled with Marquez having a KO victory of Manny the reasons you dislike Morales?
        Would you put Barrera over both?
        Lmao... you a fanboy too?

"Lost every second to Floyd". Only the greatest fighter of generation...

Morales lost every second to ****ing Zaheer Raheem

You said I "disliked morales" he is one of my favorite fighters, I like him better than Marquez but I'm not a fanboy..

Morales is like 1-6 vs top level guys,,, he got a gift vs Barrera in the 1st fight.

Morales got blown out of the water, multiple times, Marquez has never been blown out of the water..

Morales only had a better start because he had a thrilling style and bob arum hype machine behind him securing major fights while Marquez was dodged and avoided and had to claw his way to the big time..

When did Marquez ever lose to a guy so limited as David Diaz?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
          Hahahahaha skills hahahaha learn about boxing. Kid.

He is in the same level, here a lot of people said that Morales was better.
          Lmao.... "here". NSb is filled with idiots... it's not a strong sign that you are agreeing with them

What did morales ever do besides beat a raw manny and get a gift vs Barrera?

Fanboys love to claim "morales was weight drained at 130" yet at 135 he got his ass beat by mediocre fighters like Raheem and David Diaz. While Marquez is stopping world champs like casamoyer and Juan diaz... how many times were casamoyer and Diaz stopped before they met Marquez?

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
            Lets stick to reality. Marquez is nobody without 4 Manny fights.

The easy and clear choice is Morales.
            Hahaha poor jerk, he defeated Barrera, Salido, Casamayor, he was robbed vs Chris John and Norwood, and the third vs Pacquiao.

He was a unified champ in 2 division, learn about boxing, nig.ga.

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
            Marquez had more consistency than morales; and he's never been KOd

Only was schooled by Mayweather

Even at 40 years old, he gave Tim Bradley all he could handle getting a split decision loss and landing more power shots
            hahahaha that fight was a joke, a bad joke. How the hell you can considered that ****?

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
            Featherweight
            Junior Lightweight
            Lightweight

He hasn't won a title pass these divisions friend. Know your boxing before challenging the Don.
            And he deserved be champ in 147 pounds but the mega robbery in the fight of Pacquiao vs Bradley ruined this.

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            WTF are you talking about. Morales fought a just comin in his prime PAcquiao that has only the left hand as his arsenal, he as never yet to develop his right hook. And Morales won that fight for going in with his head like freaking truck and forced Pacquiao to wear pillows.

And in the second fight the difference was clear, Morales kept on getting tagged by that right hook to the body and head. Morales lost to Pacquiao 2 out of 3 times FACT, with one win was questionable and shady.

hahahaha, in the second fight Morales had problems with the weight, what a lot of stupids excuses. Manny was the same, Morales won the fight because he was the better that night, the finals two fights were a sh.it with a finished Erik.

Morales fought in his prime just one time vs PAcquiao and he won, FACT.

MArquez was the daddy of Pacquiao, FACT.

Comment

Fu.ck, you are so s.tupid.

Duran lost in his prime with ****in Kirkland Laing and had a hell of fight with a guy named Viruet.

And?

ARguello was schooled in his prime for Ramirez, and?

This is boxing, and Morales was Undisciplined but he was more talented than Marquez.

Comment

Lmao.... "here". NSb is filled with idiots... it's not a strong sign that you are agreeing with them

What did morales ever do besides beat a raw manny and get a gift vs Barrera?

Fanboys love to claim "morales was weight drained at 130" yet at 135 he got his ass beat by mediocre fighters like Raheem and David Diaz. While Marquez is stopping world champs like casamoyer and Juan diaz... how many times were casamoyer and Diaz stopped before they met Marquez?
                The trilogy with barrera took a lot of him, were savages wars, Marquez had a easy begin and Morales a very hard begin, since Zaragoza, he fought ALL the best in his ****.ing division.

That's the reason, Marquez had a better end, Morales a better begin, Morales was the more talented fighter.

Comment

Lmao... you a fanboy too?

"Lost every second to Floyd". Only the greatest fighter of generation...

Morales lost every second to ****ing Zaheer Raheem

You said I "disliked morales" he is one of my favorite fighters, I like him better than Marquez but I'm not a fanboy..

Morales is like 1-6 vs top level guys,,, he got a gift vs Barrera in the 1st fight.

Morales got blown out of the water, multiple times, Marquez has never been blown out of the water..

Morales only had a better start because he had a thrilling style and bob arum hype machine behind him securing major fights while Marquez was dodged and avoided and had to claw his way to the big time..

He lost to Chris ****ing John and Freddie Norwood

I'm not a fanboy. When have I ever stated that I'm even a fan of the three amigos? The only Mexicans I've ever liked have been ODLH and Canelo in the ring. Include Maidana, and that's all the Latin fighters I've ever enjoyed watching. Generally not a fan of their style. I just call it like I see them. Morales had a better resume. Wins.. I'm not talking losses, because then Roy Jones & James Toney would be ****ing bums in history.

Comment

Voted for Morales but could see reasons why people chose Marquez. Two great fighters.

Comment

I think it all comes down to their fights with Pacquiao. When Morales beat Pacquiao he was coming off back to back wins over Barrera and Marquez, and nobody ever questioned his win. Marquez lost the first three fights before finally beating Pacquiao by KO... but it didn't come without controversy.

Not trying to bash Marquez, just stating facts. He lost a lot of credibility by deciding to work with a steroid expert/chemist. It's almost night and day the transformation he went through. The man evolved like a m'fckin Pokemon, FFS. All of a sudden he's eating shots that use to put him on the canvas, and now he has the power to KO someone he couldn't even knockdown over the span of three fights. Let's keep it 100, Marquez was juiced to the hair tips down to the soles of his feet.

I know Morales failed a couple drug tests later on his his career, but no amount of steroids will give you the skills to outbox Pacquiao the way he did. My vote goes to Morales... viva El Terrible!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X