Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr: Kovalev Will Be Far More Confident in Ward Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    He's not going to walk Ward down when he was clearly troubled by engaging Ward on the inside.
    Point taken but what's his other avenue to victory? He sure as hell ain't gonna box Ward to a W.

Comment

How the fk did Ward ever wear down Kovalev?

Ward was tired Kovalev was tired, which fighter doesn't get tired later on in fights!

Ridiculous.

Comment

Why wouldn't he be confident? He beat And Reward's ass once he can do it again.

Comment

I think Kov's only mistake in the fight was following Ward around the ring instead of cutting off the ring and forcing Ward to fight him. SKK knew that he couldn't out box AW so by tying him up on the inside he neutralized Ward's ability to score. You could see that Ward's power didn't carry to the LHW division also, while his punch resistance doesn't seem to be very high at the new weight either (wobbled by a jab in Rd 1 ). I had Kov winning a close decision but could also see a draw. After Rd 2 AW got on his bicycle and pedaled away from Sergey until the tires were bald and smokin' !! I'm looking forward to the rematch and I think Ward will have to stand his ground and fight b/c SKK will cut off the ring this time.

Comment

Wow Roy Jones, Jr is all over the place on the verdict of this fight. At first he said it was draw, then he said Kovalev won and now he's calling it a draw again, in a bout in which neither fighter won and one could have been called either way.

I disagree with Roy here. If I was advising Kovalev, I would have him bypassing an immediate Andre Ward rematch and go after the Stevenson fight, because there is no chance in hell of Sergey out boxing Andre Ward in a 12 round bout in a rematch. That's not going to happen because that's Andre's kind of fight.

The "Krusher" needs to go back to do what he does best and that is knocking out guys by way of decapitation. Now ask yourselves, who is a better opponent suited for achieving such a goal, other than Adonis Stevenson; Who is just as confident in his ability to punch as Kovalev?

Now a KO of Stevenson would really raise his confidence level into an insurmountable one. However, if he does decide to go after an immediate rematch with the S.O.G. He's going have at least two L's on his record because lightning doesn't strike twice.

The chances of Sergey replicating what he did earlier in the first fight is slim to none. Ward is going to be very aware in nullifying that part of his game.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachMac34 View Post
              I think Kov's only mistake in the fight was following Ward around the ring instead of cutting off the ring and forcing Ward to fight him. SKK knew that he couldn't out box AW so by tying him up on the inside he neutralized Ward's ability to score. You could see that Ward's power didn't carry to the LHW division also, while his punch resistance doesn't seem to be very high at the new weight either (wobbled by a jab in Rd 1 ). I had Kov winning a close decision but could also see a draw. After Rd 2 AW got on his bicycle and pedaled away from Sergey until the tires were bald and smokin' !! I'm looking forward to the rematch and I think Ward will have to stand his ground and fight b/c SKK will cut off the ring this time.
              In my opinion, Kovalev was way too scared of being cut open by a Ward jumping in (leading with his head down) -- that's why Kovalev locked up Ward so often and that wore him down eventually... Well???
              Last edited by MDPopescu; 11-29-2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. expects Sergey Kovalev (30-1-1, 26KOs) to be far more confident in his rematch with Andre Ward (31-0, 15KOs) in 2017.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                Ward will be more confident as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  In my opinion, Kovalev was way too scared of being cut open by a Ward jumping in (leading with his head down) -- that's why Kovalev locked up Ward so often and that wore him down eventually... Well???
                  If that's the case, which it never happened, caused him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Far, far easier said than done, but I think Kovalev, in order to win a rematch, would have to have the mentality that he needs to just walk down Ward all night long and bomb away. He's gotta think stoppage or bust.
                    sergi should not take the fight unless it is in Russia instead of the corrupt USA where ward won an affirmitive blaction decision. I just watched the 2nd and 12th round and serge won the 12th outright where ward landed 2 left hooks and ran and covered up and look hurt. I do not want to watch more for fear of me using a sledge hammer to destroy the TV

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      wow roy jones, jr is all over the place on the verdict of this fight. At first he said it was draw, then he said kovalev won and now he's calling it a draw again, in a bout in which neither fighter won and one could have been called either way.

I disagree with roy here. If i was advising kovalev, i would have him bypassing an immediate andre ward rematch and go after the stevenson fight, because there is no chance in hell of sergey out boxing andre ward in a 12 round bout in a rematch. That's not going to happen because that's andre's kind of fight.

The "krusher" needs to go back to do what he does best and that is knocking out guys by way of decapitation. Now ask yourselves, who is a better opponent suited for achieving such a goal, other than adonis stevenson; who is just as confident in his ability to punch as kovalev?

Now a ko of stevenson would really raise his confidence level into an insurmountable one. However, if he does decide to go after an immediate rematch with the s.o.g. He's going have at least two l's on his record because lightning doesn't strike twice.

The chances of sergey replicating what he did earlier in the first fight is slim to none. Ward is going to be very aware in nullifying that part of his game.
                      sergi outboxed ward

Comment

Working...
                      X