Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching The Happening right now (M.Night Shama-whatever his name)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats funny is that after Mark Whalberg gave his sincerest talk to a plant, it turned out it's made of plastic or so i remembered

i actually liked this ****, it's like a B-movie with good disturbing scenes

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
      whats funny is that after Mark Whalberg gave his sincerest talk to a plant, it turned out it's made of plastic or so i remembered

i actually liked this ****, it's like a B-movie with good disturbing scenes
      Lol yeah same here. I had fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Sig worthy that 1.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Cheesy sure but how bad it is was overblown.

Comment

it's like lord of the rings 2 but the trees are less bad ass

Comment

The Happening Is A Misunderstood Parable

The Bad Movie

M Night Shyamalan’s film about a family on the run from suicide-inducing plants is so awful its lead actor publicly apologized for it. Aside from being full of unintentional comedy, it features a script where nothing happens. Once the creepy suicides at the start are over, there’s no character development, no build-up of tension, no climax. The entire film just fizzles out. Badly.

The Masterpiece

The critics at Den of Geek see things differently. They argue The Happening’s flaws are the result of M. Night Shyamalan deliberately structuring the movie backward. Instead of following a traditional plot of slow start, build-up, action, and climax, The Happening starts with its climax: the mass suicides. From there it slows down and keeps getting slower until the pace is nearly glacial. Mark Wahlberg’s character also goes backward. Starting with an act of heroism (trying to save his wife), he then becomes slowly less heroic and more detached from the world around him. By the end, he’s lonely and lost—the sort of character a blockbuster might start with and build into a hero. The Den of Geek critics claim this structure shows the movie is really about suicide. Wahlberg’s journey from normal family man to someone cut off from everyone around him mirrors a journey into depression. He also exhibits other signs, such as lack of control and inability to express joy. Although few agree with their take, they are at least in good company.

Roger Ebert praised the film’s realism and called it an “oddly touching” parable.

http://listverse.com/2015/05/15/10-f...-masterpieces/

Comment

wahlberg sucks in that one

Comment

M Night Shalamdingdong should be forcibly prevented from directing further movies.He is the Johnny Depp of directors...all his movies bomb at the box office except he has no Pirates series to falla back on.

Comment

Working...
                  X