No announcement yet.

Why has Floyd started throwing combos again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Aficionado View Post
    I honestly don't think Cotto's handspeed is that slow... Floyd is just that good, you could see the disparity in quickness during their fight.
    Cotto isn't show but his timing makes him appear to be faster

Comment

I normally do not post on this website often, but I am an avid boxing fan...I am surprised no one has caught on to the fact that maybe he is throwing more combos because of his activity and Cotto's relentless attack?

Floyd was fighting once every one-two years....One thing that goes normally is your ability to throw sharp effective combos during layoffs. No I am not saying Floyd is not sharp, but it would be hard to notice him not being Floyd sharp with his counter and potshot style. Floyd "said it himself, this is the sharpest Ive felt in a long time"

Him throwing combos also had to do with the defense of Cotto. What people fail to realize is that Floyd missed 71% of his shots....Cotto's defense was on point, so one punch at a time would not connect and score him the necessary points.

Lastly, please cut all of the talk about Floyd saying he wanted to stay in the pocket and did it for the fans....No Cotto cut the ring off and pushed him in the corner, and used an effective in and out strategy that lured him forward and pushed him back...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Floyd can put on a show without standing toe-to-toe and getting hit. His mentality has always been to get paid the most for getting hit the least. Now all of a sudden he cares about being cheered like Pac? LOL

I guess we'll agree to disagree because you're on some sentimental **** and Im looking at it realistically.
        Man u just changed up ur whole arguement...I didnt say ANYTHING about Floyd getting hit...We're talking about him THROWING COMBINATIONS...WHAT DOES THROWING COMBINATIONS HAVE TO DO WITH HIM GETTING HIT?...LOL..Pay attention to urself so u wont change the subject again...I even said, he was so offensive minded that he got reckless in some spots...AND Listen to what u said..."All of a sudden he cares about getting cheered like pad"...BEFORE The Ortiz fight, he has been saying the same thing, BEFORE the fight..."I want to be more aggressive, more exciting, give the fans what they want"...Its not like he made the excuse AFTER the fight, he told us BEFORE The fight, that he was going to be a different fighter...Floyd is a bullshietter sometimes, but he is dead serious about what he is gonna do in the ring, and about what he's capable of, just ask him urself....also Nate jones has done interviews with another boxing site, and he told us before the Ortiz fight, that Floyd was working on throwing combinations, and that Floyd was gonna stop Ortiz with an accumelation of punches...You remind me of max kellerman...he asks Floyd why is he being more aggressive, and Floyd told him the answer.."I dont have to run if I dont want to"...then Max goes and writes his own story saying, Floyd is doing it cuz he lost his legs, but against Ortiz and Cotto, he was running and boxing on the backfoot...You even agree with me, u just PRETENDING that u dont, cuz u take urself so seriously, that u hate to admit ur wrong...its no big deal tho, Fighters grow each and everyday, and Floyd let his hands, GO, GO, GO!!!
        Last edited by MurkaMan; 05-15-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          He does it for the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            What does losing ur legs have to do with throwing 17 punch combos...not only that, but Floyd actually ran, and boxed in this fight...U been listening to roach too much...Floyd is a student of the game, he improves each and every fight...against Marquez he had no power, so he worked on it for his fight with Shane...against Shane, he was overly cautious, and very flatfooted, and he was criticized for both...when Pac fought shane, pac threw caution to the wind, and was still able to avoid punches, thats when Floyd realized he wasted portions of his career being more cautious than he needed to be, so he wanted to be more exciting, and this new Floyd was brought about during the promotion for the ortiz fight...against Ortiz, he threw twice as many punches as he threw againt shane, his feet were faster, walked him down, and perfct aggression..BUT he only threw three punches...hooks, right hands, lead rights....against Cotto and Omar, he was closer to perfected...he threw every punch in the book, sweeping rights, which I never saw him throw, better angles, more sharper, diverse arsenal, but he was almost so aggressive that he was reckless in some spots...Floyd will be better in his next fight...it doesnt stop may 5th...few can pay attention to detail, and ur not one of them!
            Never underestimate the influence of Roger Mayweather. Floyd doesn't magically do all of this without the extensive study/film work of Uncle Roger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
              Never underestimate the influence of Roger Mayweather. Floyd doesn't magically do all of this without the extensive study/film work of Uncle Roger.

Comment

In pretty much any sport the athletes will tell you your legs are the first thing to go. The guy is 35. C'mon people, no matter how much you like Floyd this is just the natural effects of aging. He might not believe it, you might not believe it, but this is pretty common. How many 35 year old running backs, strikers, or attacking midfielders do you see? Exactly.

Comment

He never stopped doing it, he just doesn't do it against every opponent because his gameplan is different every time out.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    In pretty much any sport the athletes will tell you your legs are the first thing to go. The guy is 35. C'mon people, no matter how much you like Floyd this is just the natural effects of aging. He might not believe it, you might not believe it, but this is pretty common. How many 35 year old running backs, strikers, or attacking midfielders do you see? Exactly.
                    Not true, he ran and boxed on the backfoot, for pretty much HALF of the cotto fight...If u said he was losing his legs, and u could prove it to me, then I would agree with u...but some of u guys dont even watch boxing, u guys didnt see him running from cotto when his corner told him to get off the ropes?..Im almost shocked that Im having this arguement...But ALL of u have been listening to roach, no one said it until he said it, and the guy is mentally ******ed, he's not right, u cant listen to his senile azz says..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      One of the main reasons he threw combinations against Cotto was because Miguel was able to neutralize his straight right hand, one of Floyd's main weapons, this forced Floyd to loop the right hand instead, making it harder for him to potshot. Cotto actually defended better than most of Floyd's recent opponents. Another reason he's throwing combinations is because he's bigger now, since his return against Marquez his body has become more accustomed at these weights, so he can fight more in the pocket.
                      what he said. Cotto has a tight guard that can be cracked open with combos.

Comment

Working...
                      X