Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto has a multi fight deal with HBO????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
    Hershman signed Manny to a one fight deal in 2011 with no guranteed fights after that so why would Cotto be any different.
    HBO didn't have the same type of competition with Showtime in 2011.

You can't overpay Cotto for a tuneup fight just to rebuild him for a Canelo fight in Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      You think HBO paid $3 million for a Delvin Rodriguez fight out of their good hearts? Because they love Cotto that much and wanted to show their appreciation?

There has to be some kind of package involved or somebody at HBO should be fired.
      I agree but if they do have a contract they are garbage for bringing up Canelo.

Comment

Fact of the matter is if HBO paid $3 million for Cotto/Rodriguez and get nothing in return we should all consider cancelling our subscriptions.

Not Cotto/Marquez, not Cotto/ Martinez, not Cotto/PAC 2 but Delvin Rodriguez.

There is no way they wanted that fight THAT bad

Comment

Fact of the matter is if HBO paid $3 million for Cotto/Rodriguez and get nothing in return we should all consider cancelling our subscriptions.

Not Cotto/Marquez, not Cotto/ Martinez, not Cotto/PAC 2 but Delvin Rodriguez.

There is no way they wanted that fight THAT bad
          Could you really cancel with game of thrones,east bound and down,true blood, and boardwalk empire and vice on the network lol
          Last edited by Chiboxing123; 10-06-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

You think HBO paid $3 million for a Delvin Rodriguez fight out of their good hearts? Because they love Cotto that much and wanted to show their appreciation?

There has to be some kind of package involved or somebody at HBO should be fired.
            HBO needs stars so the money is not badly spent they haven't paid Mayweather all year or Manny, they have some deep pockets atm. Secondly, Cotto has made them million with 600k, 1.25 and 1.5 million buys he earned that kind of check. Finally, I'm sure you are right as well they either have more contracts or already have Sergio/Cotto made basically.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              HBO didn't have the same type of competition with Showtime in 2011.

You can't overpay Cotto for a tuneup fight just to rebuild him for a Canelo fight in Showtime.
              If your Cotto why committ to HBO when arguably you can make more money with the fighters on Showtime. Cotto isn't doing HBO any favors he's looking out for himself. He may indeed fight Sergio next but trust me he has no contract with HBO or Top Rank as of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
                Could you really cancel with game of thrones,east bound and down,true blood, and boardwalk empire and vice on the network lol
                I could pirate all those shows the next day. Boxing on the other hand, I need to watch live and in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                  All things being equal who would you agree to fight Sergio or Canelo since they both will be on PPV. Hell Schaefer he has meeting with Cotto next week for whatever value you want to hold in that. It would be stupid for Cotto to tie himself to any network Showtime or HBO.
                  When did richard say that?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                    When did richard say that?
                    In that interview the other blasting Arum about Canelo being a FA whats funny is thats when Canelo is supposed to meet with Richard. It will be cleared soon.

Comment

From what I've read Cotto asked Showtime to buy this fight for 2 million, Showtime said no but would buy a Molina fight, so Cotto and his team went to HBO independent and asked for 2.5 million for this fight, Hershman said no Showtime can keep him. So team Cotto went to Todd and Bob who like him and they told Hershman give Cotto the money. From what I've read he signed nothing, so I'll go with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X