No announcement yet.

Robert Guerrero and Nonito Donaire Training Together

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHook84 View Post
    Yeah Nonito has the potential to go up to higher weight classes.
    That would be great to see him fighting the bigger guys

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
      or guys his size

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        Nah, I disagree. Vic was huge but that was house money. He didnt have the expectations at that point. Montiel was big but most still saw him as a nice favorite in that one. This fight he is a top P4P guy, everyone says he is ducking, and alot of people genuinely think he can lose.

I think you could argue that if he was fighting Mares but Rigo's amature pedigree and him being such a mysterious pro makes this a mega fight. Even now with the testing people are giving him a hard time. They wouldnt do that for a Mares or Montiel fight
        vic was the biggest fight for nonito imo ..nobody knew him at that point and was a huge underdog , that was nonito's coming out party right there..nonito was already a p4p fighter when he beat montiel but montiel was seen as the best when nonito fought him , i dont think it can get any better than that...the threat that rigo brings at this point come from nothing but perception of his skills rather than litterally proving it in the ring...

how would you rank this in terms nonito's best win (if he beats rigo)?

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          vic was the biggest fight for nonito imo ..nobody knew him at that point and was a huge underdog , that was nonito's coming out party right there..nonito was already a p4p fighter when he beat montiel but montiel was seen as the best when nonito fought him , i dont think it can get any better than that...the threat that rigo brings at this point come from nothing but perception of his skills rather than litterally proving it in the ring...

how would you rank this in terms nonito's best win (if he beats rigo)?
          Again, its a super duper hard thing to catagorize because if he wins, all 3 of those would be so different. Like you said about Vic, no one knew who he was at the time so in some regards that tops everything and in others it doesnt because youre playing with house money. Its like Pac beating MAB "somewhat" put him on the map but what he did afterwards with all the pressure is what makes it all that more impressive.

Alot of guys like Raheem beat legends or stars and then never really do anything to follow it up. You also have to monitor how much can you judge hindsight. Meaning a Vic win was huge at the time but looking back at what we know now, Vic is not on his level at all. Should that matter or not? Its always hard to figure out. I tend to think it shouldnt but others may aruge otherwise.

He was also P4P like you said against a great in Montiel but most thought he would still run through him. Too big even though coming from a lower weight. Again, Rigo is all perception but as they say, perception is reality. If Donaire kills him a ton of people will give him props while at the same time others will say that Rigo was an inexperinced pro who hadnt done much. In some ways with fights like this, you almost hope its tough because you may get more credit with it being a tough fight then if you destroy him.

Its all crazy. Ill just go ahead and agree with you and say that the others are bigger now but what Rigo does after has a chance to make this Donaire's biggest

Comment

Guerrero needs a quick sparring partner so hes prepared for Floyds quickness.
            This! Floyd is elusive but I don't think people really prepare for his quickness (which of course plays into his defense.) as much as they should.

Comment

Yeah, I want to see Dib versus Donaire @ 126.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
                I think andre word pals around them as we'll. I think they're all good friends. U here in NorCal is not as deep in boxers as is southerner California. It seems that down there, every county has a fight camp
                Andre Ward & Nonito were close friends! Ward use to give Nonito some lunch/Commute Money when nonito still struggles financially.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                  Andre Ward & Nonito were close friends! Ward use to give Nonito some lunch/Commute Money when nonito still struggles financially.
                  Oh I didn't know that, yeah boxers from the Bay Area all stick together.

Comment

Nonito does look almost the same size as guerrero in this picture
                    They should spar against each other! Robert will benefit more! Nonito has a better left hook than Floyds, Good straight too.

Robert is a Lefty, That's the only one he has just like Rigo.

Comment

Oh I didn't know that, yeah boxers from the Bay Area all stick together.
                      Here's their pix when they were really young!

http://i.imgur.com/jpQiB.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X