• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lord Floyd was(is) fast as lighting

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
        LOL like a feint to the body and throwing a hook is something special. C'mon man it's basic boxing nothing special.
        It's not just the feint, it's what you do before the feint, getting your opponent used to a certain shot. If this is basic boxing then elite fighters wouldn't fall for it.

Comment

I like it when boxers land those sort of punches, because it looked simple but no one seem to do it a lot. Feinting is a big part of landing your punches and with those 3 Gifs from the OP you can see that the victims were not expecting or didn't see the left hook because they were blinded by their opponents feint.

Comment

The key is to have a good jab to the body. One that really bothers and annoys the opponent.

If you just flick it out there it's not nearly as effective when it comes time to feint with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              It's not just the feint, it's what you do before the feint, getting your opponent used to a certain shot. If this is basic boxing then elite fighters wouldn't fall for it.
              Of course they would, how can they not? They have to react to where they believe a punch is going to land as soon as they can, the whole purpose of feinting is to make an opponent think you are trying to hit somewhere else to make the opponent drop his guard elsewhere. Basic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
                Exactly what came to my mind. AB just had a bad night like Pacquiao did there lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  The key is to have a good jab to the body. One that really bothers and annoys the opponent.

If you just flick it out there it's not nearly as effective when it comes time to feint with it.
                  Good point.

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                  Of course they would, how can they not? They have to react to where they believe a punch is going to land as soon as they can, the whole purpose of feinting is to make an opponent think you are trying to hit somewhere else to make the opponent drop his guard elsewhere. Basic stuff.
                  So it's basic stuff that elite boxers fall for? I don't think you understand what the words basic or elite mean. Matter of fact you don't even understand this thread. You still think it's just about the feint.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Good point.

So it's basic stuff that elite boxers fall for? I don't think you understand what the words basic or elite mean. Matter of fact you don't even understand this thread. You still think it's just about the feint.
                    You don't know boxing that's for sure, targeting the body and then moving upstairs is what you talking about now? LOL **** go watch Joe Louis fights he was doing this ****, everyone knows this "trick".

Comment

Mayweather also likes jabbing to the pit of the stomach a few times to set up his straight right.

Comment

Working...
                      X