Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner's problem: Lack of maturity and identity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner's problem: Lack of maturity and identity?

He is good natural talent but when I watch him I feel like I am looking at a lost little boy who doesn't have a strong sense of self or know what HE actually wants to do.

Its as if he is trying to live up to and emulate his childhood hero mimicking him in fights when he needs to realize he has a job to get done while he lacks the understanding of what he does best and what he does not do very well.

Broner doesn't seem to have a clue what kind of fighter he is, how to execute a gameplan, and has gotten as far as he has because of his natural ability.

If he does not resolve this conflict he will go no further and be unable to beat skilled, talented, strongly identified fighters beyond the contender level.

Anyone agree have any thoughts?

Lack of footwork and offensive output...

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Lack of footwork and offensive output...
      He is capable of it and looks great when he lets his hands go in combination while on the front foot but won't consistently do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        He is capable of it and looks great when he lets his hands go in combination while on the front foot but won't consistently do it.
        He doesn't seem overly athletic to me..he's just not as good as people were hyping him up to be.. I haven't even seen much improvement after the Maidana loss which I thought I would... Some guys just think they are much better then they really are and I think this kid is one of them and is not learning new things and getting better in the ring.

Comment

Imo he's just not that good. He's a good athlete but when asked to box well, he's average. Possibly a smidgen better than average. Not even sure about that though.

Lets not forget that he was gridlocked with Emmanueal Taylor going into the last few rounds. He didn't look good against Malignaggi. I don't consider Malignaggi anything special. He arguably got outboxed by Ponce De Leon.

His one true dominating performance was against a flat footed, slow Demarco.

And I'm not even hating. I have grown completely impartial to Broner. I wish him the best.

Comment

His lack of identity is a huge problem. Fighting like the way he fights puts him at an automatic disadvantage.

Comment

Discipline. That boy lazy, relying on natural ability which will only take you so far.

Comment

Lack of Brains. Lack of Morals. Lack of Values. Lack of Ethnics. Lack of human decency! Maturity and Identity do play a small roll!

Comment

Take Sergio Martinez, not the most technically polished fighter ever but knew what he did best, used his fast hands, feet, reflexes to blind opponents with his right jab in order to ambush with a combination jump out circle rinse/repeat.

It was pretty simple but he just knew what his strengths were and how to utilize them.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Take Sergio Martinez, not the most technically polished fighter ever but knew what he did best, used his fast hands, feet, reflexes to blind opponents with his right jab in order to ambush with a combination jump out circle rinse/repeat.

It was pretty simple but he just knew what his strengths were and how to utilize them.
                    Martinez is light years of a better boxer than Broner. Martinez didn't even box, he was a damn soccer player. Broner has been a boxer his whole life.

Comment

Working...
                    X