Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better performance against Maidana?old bloated shot Erik Morales or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morales bloated!? He should've been at this weight years before.

Comment

Morales was always a mystery to me. He was always a lot better than he looked. He had a bizarre awkward style with reach and height. Most people always compare boxers thinking there is a clear cut better one. That isn't always true. There are styles that just can beat other styles and it doesn't mean necessarily that someone is better than the other.

Comment

How did Morales compete with one eye and display such elusive defense and pin point offense if the great Matthysse couldn't??

Comment

You honestly feel that was the same Maidana? Maidana, today, is a complete different animal ....more focus, determine and conditioned.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
            Morales was always a mystery to me. He was always a lot better than he looked. He had a bizarre awkward style with reach and height. Most people always compare boxers thinking there is a clear cut better one. That isn't always true. There are styles that just can beat other styles and it doesn't mean necessarily that someone is better than the other.
            Morales is just an excellent boxer puncher. Chino even admitted to underestimating Morales' boxing ability.

He could box when he wanted to, hell he got robbed against David Diaz who people give credit to Manny for beating, when Morales should've gotten the nod beforehand.

Comment

Floyd had the better performance.. It's cool what morales did, but he clearly lost and Floyd clearly won

Comment

mayweather punches didn't even make a dent. maidana had effective aggression and consistently squared off on mayweather battering him on the ropes each and every round. mayweather is only able to throw counters from midrange, take that away and he looks amateur, won't even return fire when pushed to the ropes. he flinched at maidana's every feint. maidana won the fight.

morales by a mile.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                  mayweather punches didn't even make a dent. maidana had effective aggression and consistently squared off on mayweather battering him on the ropes each and every round. mayweather is only able to throw counters from midrange, take that away and he looks amateur, won't even return fire when pushed to the ropes. he flinched at maidana's every feint. maidana won the fight.

morales by a mile.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Floyd is the definition of snake oil salesman and HYPE job, nobody hypes themselves better than he does, he shouldn't have looked that bad against a tailormade guy.

Alexander and Morales looked like slick boxers, Floyd did mostly holding and didn't land anything flush his punches were either grazing or hitting air.

smh I expect better from a man who claims Pacman and Bradley are amateurs, and he is better than Ali and Robinson.

Comment

Well the bar for Morales was very low. All he had to do was not lose his life and it would be a good night.

I remember being online the night of that fight and people were very concerned for his health and were unsure if they would even watch the bout. He did well for himself, but Marcos finished the fight strong and ran away with it on my card.

Floyd's bar was a lot higher... i felt beforehard Marcos was a threat, and I still ended up scoring it for Mayweather

Comment

Mayweather did. Morales took a lot of damage. Just look at his face after the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X