Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marijuana in regards to boxing...Should you be penalized?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it cost more money to test for marijuana in addition to PEDs? If so, it's a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      It's illegal in the US.
      It's Legal with a Medical card in SEVERAL States here in the U.S., I would Imagine the Sober/Clean Boxer would have the Advantage Over the Stoner!

Comment

Originally posted by kingjosh View Post
        I like the response about being denied a job. If that is the case though, why not have random urinalysis throughout training camp? I feel like boxing is a sport where everything is ass backwards.....

Jobs test before you work and Boxing lets you work and then you get tested?

Makes no sense...
        Some jobs don't even test you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
          Boxing and cannabis is like milk and Oil. They just don't go together. period.
          May I have either your credentials to spout your propaganda or atleast your sources. The only thing bad for boxers when speaking of Marihuana is the prohibition of it by the sport and the fact that they will have to illegally dive into the under ground black market to get it. That's it.

Boxing has followed this countries prohibition of marihuana, all beit blindly, but just like the rest of the populous boxing followed suit. Your opinion is as out dated as just about everybody elses opinion on the plant. Do just a little research and you will find that the governments reasons for prohibiting the use of marihuana were largely racially motivated as well as monetarily motivated.

The benifeits of the plants medicinal properties are countless when speaking of the immediate benifeits to a boxers body and mind. I know first hand, I am very curious as to your qualifications to make such a rediculous remark. Actually it's just uneducated/ignorant. I am medicinaly certified and over joyous to the fact that people are finally opening their eyes to the many wonderous benifeits of this plant............Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 10-06-2012, 01:31 AM.

Comment

I don't think so but the rules are rules.

Comment

Do you have to take a drug test to get a job??? if you fail said drug test will you get hired or keep your job?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                You weed smokers are ****ing pathetic defending weed. If Floyd tested positive for marijuana against Cotto, you mother****ers would be ****ting all over him to this day. Any kind of SMOKE is harmful to the body anyway you stupid mother****ers. Weed can numb the body and mind of pain. Wtf is medical marijuana for? Foh with that legalize marijuana in boxing. You mother****ers think that saying you smoke is cool. A high mother****er won't ever become great.
                preach......................

Comment

Its not like its some kind of secret that they test for marijuana. He knew this, smoked anyways and now he has to pay the penalty.

Hes not obligated to be a boxer, if he dont like the rules then leave or petition to change the rules. Dont wait until you get busted breaking rules you knew were there to ***** and say the penalties shouldnt apply to you.

Comment

Working...
                  X