No announcement yet.

Weight lifting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight lifting

I'm thinking about getting into weight lifting and putting some mass on, but I know this will have some adverse effects on my boxing. I'm currently weighing around 134-136 pounds (5'8). My goal is to hit 160 then rip back down to 154, so I'll fight at 154.

Do you think this will make things much harder for me in terms of my opposition, since I'm naturally a smaller guy? Or will I be able to compete just fine even with the extra weight albeit a bit slower?

The reason behind this is because I want to be a bigger guy. I want to pack on some mass and muscle for myself in general.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
    I'm thinking about getting into weight lifting and putting some mass on, but I know this will have some adverse effects on my boxing. I'm currently weighing around 134-136 pounds (5'8). My goal is to hit 160 then rip back down to 154, so I'll fight at 154.

Do you think this will make things much harder for me in terms of my opposition, since I'm naturally a smaller guy? Or will I be able to compete just fine even with the extra weight albeit a bit slower?

The reason behind this is because I want to be a bigger guy. I want to pack on some mass and muscle for myself in general.

Thanks in advance!
    im currently doin the weights with my coach as its off season,3 weeks now and ive put on 7 pounds in muscle mass but my weight will come off in proper training. i weigh 10 st at the moment.just do what you feels best you know best

Comment

Originally posted by robson24 View Post
      im currently doin the weights with my coach as its off season,3 weeks now and ive put on 7 pounds in muscle mass but my weight will come off in proper training. i weigh 10 st at the moment.just do what you feels best you know best
      I'm looking to stay at around 154-160. At 5'8 135, I'm a thin guy. I'm just tired of being thin and want to pack on some mass and muscle. It's something I defiantly want to do so I think I'll go through with it.

I don't think it's going to effect me a great deal other than I'll be giving height and reach advantages away that I once had in my favour.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
        I'm looking to stay at around 154-160. At 5'8 135, I'm a thin guy. I'm just tired of being thin and want to pack on some mass and muscle. It's something I defiantly want to do so I think I'll go through with it.

I don't think it's going to effect me a great deal other than I'll be giving height and reach advantages away that I once had in my favour.
        im a little taller than you im 5ft 11,if your 135 now jump to 140 just do it correctly like you stated and you wont have to worry about the oppostion that much

Comment

bull**** you put on 7 pounds of muscle in 3 weeks, the most you can do is 2 pounds of pure muscle in a month

Comment

and why the **** would i lie for what would i gain in that

Comment

and why the **** would i lie for what would i gain in that
              because f@ggets like to lie about that **** just to make themselves sound like badasses, and i like to call them out. look it up and see what the max amount of muscle you can gain in one month, novice

Comment

Originally posted by zte89147 View Post
                because f@ggets like to lie about that **** just to make themselves sound like badasses, and i like to call them out. look it up and see what the max amount of muscle you can gain in one month, novice
                get him

Comment

Originally posted by zte89147 View Post
                  bull**** you put on 7 pounds of muscle in 3 weeks, the most you can do is 2 pounds of pure muscle in a month
                  ******,you hard **** sitting behind a keyboard.

Comment

without all of the fighting - just hire mackie shilstone. or at least read his book.

Comment

Working...
                    X