Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superior Coach Post MayPac: Floyd Mayweather Sr or Freddie Roach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    What technical advice did Roach give Pacquiao?
    I heard Buboy was giving more relevant information. He told Pac to stop walking at him in a straight line. Roach kept telling him use more combinations, but it's tough throwing combos at someone that isn't there to be hit. Pac looked like he wanted to throw some combos during the 1st round, and every time he got set Mayweather would take a step back and make him rethink his entire plan.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      So now it's all said and done and the two trainers have gone head to head with their fighters, Mayweather and Pacquiao, does Floyd Sr's stock raise above Roach's stock as a trainer, both now and in the eyes of history?
      it's not even close, Mayweather win it by a mile

Comment

All Roach does is put a body bag and let PAC drill on him. If Roach was a good coach Oscar wouldn't of been tired in the 7th round vs Floyd he wouldn't have had Mike Tyson make a fool of himself when fought Lewis. All Roach is good at is talking a good game but delivers a disappointment. He's credited for someone else's work someone else trained and Made Pacquaio . Every time it see Pacquaio train I see Bouboy working the mitts with him

Comment

Definitely Floyd Sr > Roach as of now.

The race for the trainer of the year 2015 is wide open as of now. I don't think Floyd Sr wins it just off the Pacquiao win, if he can get a few more notable wins he would definitely get it. Roach is having a bad year & can't win it this year, all of his fighters have lost (Pac, Provodnikov, Shiming etc).

Not sure what Robert Garcia is up to, Rios beat Alvarado but that wont be enough.

Virgil Hunter is doing well with Khan win over Alexander, I'm sure Khan is gonna look real good against Algieri like he should + Andre Ward fight coming up.

It's wide open as of now.

Comment

Nacho is head and shoulder above everyone.

Cotto's old trainer is better too. He trains rigod.

Comment

Lets not be biased or silly, Mayweather's a better fight and won the fight. This is like asking who's better after Manny KO'd Hatton. Floyd Sr was in Hatton's corner and that didnt make a difference

Comment

Roger is the guy!

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  floyd sr certainly did a better job for that particular fight
                  jes, Roach didnt reach the next lvl that night. Hes one of the best, but he was unimaginative, whereas Sr. executed perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                  X