Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is confidence attractive from an evolutionary perspective?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is confidence attractive from an evolutionary perspective?

I suppose its the opposite of someone with alot of fear. Who would you feel is safest to be around? Who would you guess is most likely to be able to make you safer?

Any other reasons?

Fear is unattractive . You just said yourself.

From an evolutionary perspective it's probably something to do with wanting someone who can protect and provide

Comment

You have to put them in an evolutionary situation, firstly almost everyone gets afraid so it is not the opposite of fear from an evolutionary perspective fear is a trait everyone has it kept our ancestors alive, those that didn't have it died. For example fear may have developed to know when to run away from a predator.

I guess an evolutionary reason confidence is attractive and it is just a guess is that our ancestors when choosing a mate would likely feel more secure with a mate who was confident in their ability to feed her and any offspring, keep other males away from her children and her helped people with those trait succeed and pass it on.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        I suppose its the opposite of someone with alot of fear. Who would you feel is safest to be around? Who would you guess is most likely to be able to make you safer?

Any other reasons?
        The sheer urge "to feel safe" it's in the human nature...

"Once beaten, twice shy"...

Comment

fear in a certain dosage is actually good... in an evolutionary perspective, it has enabled our ancestors to avoid unnecessary fights against the bigger predators, it heightened their sense of awareness and adjust accordingly which in turn ensured survival and perpetuation...

it becomes a liability when it exceeds that "dosage..."

the one that makes you "safer" isnt someone that had "come on, i'll take you on" mentality...

Comment

Working...
          X