No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury almost kod david price...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury almost kod david price...

When fury was a fat kid and price was older than fury is now.

I know it's popular to hate on Fury, but I would not write him off when time comes to fight.

Fury has taken a step back to concentrate on his fitness and conditioning, but I wouldn't not be surprised to see him fight Price next year.

Everyone said chisora would beat him too...

Chisora would have beat him if he were in the same shape he faced Klitschko.

I like Fury but I expect Price to stop him. Fury got very badly hurt by a non puncher. Imagine if Price lands flush?

Although I will admit Price's chin has not been tested due to him destroying everything in his path. Time will tell..

I can't see this fight happening in the near future though with the two of them with different broadcasters. I'm sure this fight will be massive when it happens as the hype could be unreal if both still undefeated..

Comment

I'll never understand the hype with Fury...

Here's a guy who turned pro as a 6ft9 in-fighter (wasn't good at all), with no jab and just no clue how to utilise his physical attributes. He loses to John McDermott in their first encounter and looks just as bad in the rematch but stops him in 9. At this point the only thing going for Fury is his heart and size.

Records some more decent wins and beats a Chisora which looks nothing like the one that fought Helenius/Vitali etc. Gets dropped by a light-punching heavyweight and rallies back to an unimpressive stoppage victory.

When has Fury ever looked impressive?

He doesn't. He talks a good fight and gives it a good go, can't fault him on his heart, it's just the talent he lacks. He can still have a good career based off his physical attributes alone but I'll never understand why he's seen as one of the best heavyweight prospects out there.

Comment

Fury doesn't have a great chin and there's no headgear now. Price's power will stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
          Fury doesn't have a great chin and there's no headgear now. Price's power will stop him.
          Price was knocked down about 12 times in headgear, as a fully grown man.

He's got an Amir Khan chin

Fury chin is at least average, you don't block punches with your face like he used to for so long if you've got an Amir Khan chin, you just don't.

The shot that floored fury would have knocked price out cold

It's just a case of who lands first, and fury has the longer reach.
          Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 10-24-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I expect price to get stopped pretty soon, hell I won't be shocked if Skelton hurts or drops him, and then then it will start "glass jawed hype job" etc.
            mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

You realise that Price got up and decisioned Fury? Says something, that.

Fury's chin isn't great either - remember, feather-fisted NP floored him.

Price has decent footwork, and if he works on tightening his defense he'll be one tough soab to hit. Fury, however, is a club fighter. That's why he (and Hennessy) ducked Price.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                You realise that Price got up and decisioned Fury? Says something, that.

Fury's chin isn't great either - remember, feather-fisted NP floored him.

Price has decent footwork, and if he works on tightening his defense he'll be one tough soab to hit. Fury, however, is a club fighter. That's why he (and Hennessy) ducked Price.
                Yeah it says thank god price had headgear on so that he was only knocked down and really badly hurt.

Yes, fury was dropped once by a great shot, at least he hasn't been down 12 times.

In headgear.

Also, club fighters dont beat guys who win rounds against an atg. Even if he was a bit fat, nor do they win domestic titles, nor are they on terrestrial tv, nor are they ranked top 10 by the ring (which, by the way price is nit)
                Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 10-24-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Yeah it says thank god price had headgear on so that he was only knocked down and really badly hurt.

Yes, fury was dropped once by a great shot, at least he hasn't been down 12 times.

In headgear.

Also, club fighters dont beat guys who win rounds against an atg. Even if he was a bit fat, nor do they win domestic titles, nor are they on terrestrial tv, nor are they ranked top 10 by the ring (which, by the way price is nit)
                  Any source to back up your claim?

Price may have been stopped in the amateurs by one of the best at that time but surely that's not as bad as being dropped by a feather-fisted heavyweight?

Just be realistic, they both have shit chins. The only difference being that Price actually has defence, ring IQ and boxing ability. Price has controlled every fight he's been in so far and it's obvious his current ability far exceeds that of Fury's. Fury lost to John McDermott for Christ sake and what has he done since then?

Earl, you're in for a big shock with Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

In headgear.

I think you must be from Manchester, that is the only reason I can think of as to why you hate on Price so much? Do you hate scousers?

What isn't there to like about him? Hes a prospect who is destroying everything in his path. He isn't ****y, he isn't constantly talking, he speaks well, fights well and looks like he could be the next real deal as far as British HWs are concerned. Get off the guys back, what has he done wrong? Did he fck your mum?

Comment

Working...
                    X