No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto-Trout Showtime Details Likely Coming Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto-Trout Showtime Details Likely Coming Soon

Former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30 KOs) is returning to Showtime, according to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer. Cotto will challenge WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Austin Trout (25-0, 14 KOs) on December 1st at New York's Madison Square Garden.

Cotto-Trout will be a not be a pay-per-view event and some heavy promotion is certainly in store. Golden Boy will co-promote the event with Cotto Promotions, who have the promotional lead. Cotto returns for the first time since the May decision loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

[Click Here To Read More]

Really happy this is gonna be a freebie and not PPV. Cotto's got this.

Comment

cant wait for this fight should be fun. I'm a big fan of cotto, so i will be rooting for him. but i like trout, he has some skills.

Comment

Damnit Cotto. I wish he'd just put his foot down and make it clear that he'll only fight on HBO. I'll be so pissed if Cotto-Canelo is on some b class Showtime PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Damnit Cotto. I wish he'd just put his foot down and make it clear that he'll only fight on HBO. I'll be so pissed if Cotto-Canelo is on some b class Showtime PPV.
          WTF are you b*tching about?

This is good, this forces the other network, to budge when they get stubburn(Ex. MArtinez vs Dzinziruk)

You guys sucks HBOs dck too damn much!!!

Comment

I'm glad that this is on Showtime. It spreads the wealth a little and forces HBO to be more selective about which fights they spend their money on.

Comment

great job cotto and goldenboy all the way around. arum can kiss a brick.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post

agreed. its about the quality of coverage. its HBO > showtime. the **** should we care who gets paid what if we aint getting a cut.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                  WTF are you b*tching about?

This is good, this forces the other network, to budge when they get stubburn(Ex. MArtinez vs Dzinziruk)

You guys sucks HBOs dck too damn much!!!
                  Showtime is great for the sport, I love showtime. But know your role....you are number 2, the big boys fight on HBO.

If that sounds elitist...that's cause it is.

Comment

Competition between the networks is better for the boxing fans. You have to see that.

Comment

Working...
                    X