No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares Demands, Deserves, Donaire After Moreno Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Nope. I had it for Moreno 114-113. I gave Moreno 1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 12. I gave Mares 2, 4, 5-6. I had 9 and 11 even. 6-4-2 for Moreno. No issue with the fight going the other way. I thought both guys showed world class stuff. Ignoring the Jen-Kin abortion, the fight itself was really good.
    Most stupid comment ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      So if it wasn't for the point deduction you would have had Moreno winning by 2 points, Cliff? I don't know about that.

I hope this doesn't mean that you aren't going to include Mares in your P4P list now.
      No. In a fight that close, I will always respect the official call. For instance, I thought JLC beat Floyd the first time by a point. Floyd won official. The end. I ignore the worst stuff, like Campillo-Cloud.

I will wait to update until the end of the year but Mares is coming in high and Moreno might stay around 9/10. I think there were some serious swing rounds. 1, 8, & 9 all were. I think the rest were all pretty clear to me. I think it was a 1-2 point fight either way.

Something to consider in critiquing the official scores: in order to come up with 16-10, the judges likely all scored 11 10-8 with the deduction. That's insane considering that was Moreno's best round of the fight even with the silly foul call and he hurt Mares clearly late. That's just lazy judging.

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
      Most stupid comment ever.
      You're welcome to your opinion. Feel free to post your scorecard.
      Last edited by crold1; 11-11-2012, 03:05 AM.

Comment

If Mares walked in chin first against Donaire like he did Moreno, Donaire would fuk him up bad. Mares wouldn't know what hit him.

Comment

Unless he signs up with Bob Arum he isn't going to get Nonito.

Comment

donaire hits hard and is fast and a good counterpuncher,if anybody deserves a fight at donaire it's mares,he's done nothing but face good fighters,guys like him deserve it,they earn it while others just ask because they have a mouth to speak not because they have done anything special,i think donaire might win this just on power alone

Comment

I like Mares, hes a class act in interviews. I loved how he went about calling out another fighter on another promoter. I like Donaire also, hes a great exciting fighter. Love watching him spar and imitate other boxers.

And there is no question this is the best fight that can be made at that weight. Two top 10 P4P on my list

Having said that, Donaire would win this fight easily and possibly by KO.

Mares likes to bang but he throws wide and leaves himself wide open. I seriously question Mares power. He was hitting Moreno with flush overhand rights to Morenos chin and to the body (and lower) all night and Moreno made it to the final bell easily.

Donaire in my opinion not only has the superior hand speed and power, but also skills and footwork. What happens when Donaire catches him with a check left hook when hes throwing that wide overhand right?

This is like when JCC JR called out Martinez. Yes its the fight everyone wanted to see but JR wasn't ready and took a beating from a superior fighter in every way

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                I like Mares, hes a class act in interviews. I loved how he went about calling out another fighter on another promoter. I like Donaire also, hes a great exciting fighter. Love watching him spar and imitate other boxers.

And there is no question this is the best fight that can be made at that weight. Two top 10 P4P on my list

Having said that, Donaire would win this fight easily and possibly by KO.

Mares likes to bang but he throws wide and leaves himself wide open. I seriously question Mares power. He was hitting Moreno with flush overhand rights to Morenos chin and to the body (and lower) all night and Moreno made it to the final bell easily.

Donaire in my opinion not only has the superior hand speed and power, but also skills and footwork. What happens when Donaire catches him with a check left hook when hes throwing that wide overhand right?

This is like when JCC JR called out Martinez. Yes its the fight everyone wanted to see but JR wasn't ready and took a beating from a superior fighter in every way
                This is nothing like Jr. Mares might lose to Donaire, but he has fought top notch guys and is a die hard pro. He is as ready as ready can be even if he were to lose. Someone is always going to lose. It's insulting to compare someone as proven as Mares to someone as gilded and unprofessional as Jr.

Comment

I'm with it......

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    No. In a fight that close, I will always respect the official call. For instance, I thought JLC beat Floyd the first time by a point. Floyd won official. The end. I ignore the worst stuff, like Campillo-Cloud.

I will wait to update until the end of the year but Mares is coming in high and Moreno might stay around 9/10. I think there were some serious swing rounds. 1, 8, & 9 all were. I think the rest were all pretty clear to me. I think it was a 1-2 point fight either way.

Something to consider in critiquing the official scores: in order to come up with 16-10, the judges likely all scored 11 10-8 with the deduction. That's insane considering that was Moreno's best round of the fight even with the silly foul call and he hurt Mares clearly late. That's just lazy judging.

You're welcome to your opinion. Feel free to post your scorecard.
                    Saw official cards. It wasn't the case in 11. Bad assumption on my part.

Comment

How the hell boxingscene scored the fight for Moreno is beyond my comprehension.

Comment

Working...
                      X