No announcement yet.

Where to rank Morales??? If you hear AND THE NEW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to rank Morales??? If you hear AND THE NEW

ATG ranking and also his ranking among all the Mexican greats???

On the first fight before Morales hit the ring he already had the look of a defeated man. Dude should get knocked out and retire already.

Comment

definitely better than barrerra. Still behind sanchez and JCC though

Comment

He's already the best Mexican fighter of the past 15 or 20 years, since Chavez Sr.

If he managed to beat Garcia, as shot and far past his best weight as he is, that would be a great win. I'm not going to put a numerical rank on any possible ATG ranking increase, but there would have to be an increase, right?

Comment

Amongst the Mexican greats I'd say top 2 or 3 behind JCC, Sanchez & Lopez. I have him & JMM at a tie with Barrera & Olivares behind them two.
          As an ATG... Idk don't have an exact number to place him at.

Comment

I don't know where I'd place him but his standing would be unaffected as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to elevate a win over Danny Garcia because the bar has been set low for Morales in recent years.

Comment

ATG rankings, Morales will definitely be higher than floyd, i think everyone would agree.

Having the balls/heart fighting the best certainly favor eric hands down.

Comment

In my opinion he is the greatest Mexican boxer of all time. I have him barely ahead of Barrera. Def have him over JMM, since all JMM ever really did is have super close fights with Pacquiao, never beat him decisively either like Erik did to Pac the first fight.

Everyone will prolly say Chavez Sr is greater and thats a fair argument. For me it is just personal taste. I prefer Morales style and skills compared to Sr. Sr was mostly just a plodder like Rios and Margarito. But Morales had excellent boxing skills and could still slug it out with anyone, he always wanted to get the last good punch of the exchange.

In a P4P mythical mathcup I would favor a prime Morales over a prime JCC Sr. Morales was too much of a warrior to be broken down, and his speed and boxing at range would take him to a UD over the great Sr.

Comment

number 1, greatest

Comment

idk I'm not very good at numerical rankings but the depth of skills he has shown during this second run of his career should definitely be in consideration when re-ranking him again once he's done. Always been a great boxer with a unique lanky body that made him so difficult to deal with in wars and hard to outbox when he decided he wanted to pay attention to tactics. Seeing him be able to slow it down like he has, stay on this level and operate with such a different approach is pretty crazy.

It's pretty funny too because you can see in his face in fights that he wants to press on the gas but knows he can't because he wouldn't make it to the end otherwise lol.

anyway, I have a hard enough time wrapping my head around the idea that after all these years, wars, layoffs, injuries, comeback, and random title shots that he's 36 and Oscar is 39? where did i lose track of this. seems like he should be at least 45.

Comment

Working...
                    X