No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs. Dawson Rematch: The Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs. Dawson Rematch: The Pre-Fight Report Card

by Cliff Rold - It only went two in October 2011. Saturday night, the story picks up in round three, still waiting to be told.

Bernard Hopkins and Chad Dawson have circled each other for a few years now. They clearly don’t care for one another but styles make fights and their animosity may not make for one. The evidence in the few short minutes seen so far suggests these two may not mix for an epic display.

After the foul end of Hopkins-Dawson I, do we at least get a memorably rough and dirty one? That may be the case. Regardless, this rivalry should end and open the floodgates at Light Heavyweight. Hopkins has said it may be his last bout. Dawson will continue on. If he does so as champion, he has an increasingly tough, and largely young, field to contend with.

If he does not, well, we still get much of the same. [Click Here To Read More]

this guy picked 17 out of 20 fights this year? impressive if true?

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      this guy picked 17 out of 20 fights this year? impressive if true?
      It's surely true, all of the articles are posted on this site.

Unless he made a miscalculation, not likely, but you can always check the archives.

He touched on this in his last article I think, he's picked a couple of fighters this year who wound up on the upside of a robbery though.

Certainly very impressive though indeed.

Comment

the fight will become interesting once Hopkins 47 years old legs start to feel heavy around the 7th or 8th round

that's when Dawson should make his move

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          It's surely true, all of the articles are posted on this site.

Unless he made a miscalculation, not likely, but you can always check the archives.

He touched on this in his last article I think, he's picked a couple of fighters this year who wound up on the upside of a robbery though.

Certainly very impressive though indeed.
          It's a good start, but the robberies have worked in my favor and it'll turn. I usually settles around 2/3.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
            the fight will become interesting once Hopkins 47 years old legs start to feel heavy around the 7th or 8th round

that's when Dawson should make his move
            that didnt happen in the pascal fights why would it now? I wouldnt bank on it.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              It's a good start, but the robberies have worked in my favor and it'll turn. I usually settles around 2/3.
              that's not bad. I think you're wrong on this one though.

Comment

that didnt happen in the pascal fights why would it now? I wouldnt bank on it.
                Hopkins was backing Pascal up, he didn't have to use his legs that much, Pascal was the one moving

in 2 rounds of action against Dawson, Hopkins was the one moving around and using a lot of energy in the process

his stamina and his legs did fail him against Calzaghe, I expect just as much if he intends to fight from the back foot against a hungry Dawson

Comment

that's not bad. I think you're wrong on this one though.
                  Not so much. 4-0 tonight. I gave a pick for Ring on Senchenko over Malignaggi too. I'll add that one on win or lose too.

Comment

Working...
                  X