Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Diaz has the best homefield advantage in the world; Close fight no robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly Houston fans are full of ****. Booing for apparently no reason. Thankfully Nate fought him in Mexico and didn't end up losing 118-110. Paulie won last night and this is coming from a man that was rooting for Diaz and gave him every swing round.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Honestly Houston fans are full of ****. Booing for apparently no reason. Thankfully Nate fought him in Mexico and didn't end up losing 118-110. Paulie won last night and this is coming from a man that was rooting for Diaz and gave him every swing round.
      Dude, Paulie was on radio stations here talking so much ****..... HE talked **** about Diaz, Houston, and Texas.... **** that f@g....

He is a ****in flamer.... Let him go shape his brows, and where purple in Brooklyn..

Dont talk **** and bring that weak **** to Houston.... And this is coming from a fan that liked Paulie before this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post

You come into Houston you gotta earn respect. Look at Juan Manuel Marquez. He kod Diaz and not one person booed him. He was a class act who went in and actually showed how to box while winning the rounds.

Comment

yup, best home field robbery lol
          Malignaggi knew he was being taken to the gallows though
          I don't know why he acted surprised

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
            You come into Houston you gotta earn respect. Look at Juan Manuel Marquez. He kod Diaz and not one person booed him. He was a class act who went in and actually showed how to box while winning the rounds.
            That's because he is a Mexican & the majority of people there were Mexican.

Comment

He outboxed Diaz, and made him look silly at times. If that doesn't get you respect, I don't know what does. It's the same state that had Whitaker vs Chavez a draw, what can I say, they were also booing Whitaker as he put on a boxing clinic.

It's not that they were just booing in a good fight, they started booing in the first round and kept it up until the post fight interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                That's because he is a Mexican & the majority of people there were Mexican.
                Also around 1/3 of the crowd seemed to be rooting for Marquez there.

Comment

Also i think everyone should watch this fight without the anti juan diaz commentary by Max Kellerman and Howard Lederman.

I didn't really find the commentating to be "anti juan" or anything like that. Imo I thought it was a close fight. I had paulie winning though. I also thought the bad score cards is making this bigger than it should be.

But I have to add and argue since you mentioned the psychological effect of the hbo commentating. If one were to Watch it live there in Texas (especially being a Diaz fan) Some if not most ppl in the audience are going to be prone to "crowd mentality", especially after a couple drinks. Emotions and expectations are so high in the building that its hard not to get caught up.
                  Im not pointing fingers, just generalizing the idea.

Its like being in a live riot or looting...u know what your doing aint right...but **** .. what the hell...it feels right at the time.

Comment

Nate Campbell beat Juan Diaz much more clearly than Paulie and that is coming from a guy who dosent particularly like him. In that fight i had no doubt Campbell won and il admit there was no way Juan Diaz won that fight.

Comment

Tuff fight man....
                      as soon as i heard the 118 1.... Ohhh here we go....
                      i had it like howard
                      7-5

Comment

Working...
                      X