Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jean Pascal will be fighting four times this year.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Pascal will be fighting four times this year.

A rarity in today's boxing, especially considering that Jean Pascal is the WBC champion and a top 5 LHW. I wish most champions and contenders were like Pascal.

He's fought

2009-04-04 Pablo Daniel Zamora Nievas KO5
    2009-06-19 Adrian Diaconu UD12 - LHW WBC Belt
    2009-09-25 Silvio Branco TKO10 - WBC Mandatory
    2009-12-11 Adrian Diaconu ?

championship caliber boxers should be fighting at least 3 times a year. Unless they're injured or seriously need rest, there is no excuse for boxers fighting once or twice a year.
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 11-04-2009, 10:30 PM.

Yep he's been busy, Winners of Dawson/Johnson vs Pascal/Diaconu would be nice

Comment

Last year Paul Williams fought 4 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by XviciousX View Post
        Last year Paul Williams fought 4 times a year.
        But Pascal is willing to fight any contender and he's the WBC LHW champion. He's willing to fight anybody and will not allow the politics to delay fights.
        Last edited by Boxingwizard; 11-04-2009, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Hopefully he and Dawson win their fights.

Today, the WBC ordered that the Pascal-Diaconu winner must make a mandatory defense against the Dawson-Johnson winner within 90-120 days.

Comment

If more fighters were following suit Boxing would be so much more fun to follow, I guess he's able to fight that often since he sells very well in Quebec.

Comment

Originally posted by FireGuyX View Post
              A rarity in today's boxing, especially considering that Jean Pascal is the WBC champion and a top 5 LHW. I wish most champions and contenders were like Pascal.

He's fought

championship caliber boxers should be fighting at least 3 times a year. Unless they're injured or seriously need rest, there is no excuse for boxers fighting once or twice a year.
              I like Pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by FireGuyX View Post

He's fought

Also if you consider the Froch fight, that is 5 times in a span of 1 year and a few days

Comment

This is a good thing. More fighters should follow suit. But most have the mentality of, bigger the fighter, the more money, the more time I can have off.

Comment

Good for him, staying active and not wasting his prime years. The Diaconu rematch should be a good war(again). I think he will win by UD again in exciting fashion. I wish more fighters were like this, instead some fight once or twice per year.

Comment

Working...
                    X