Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nets Owner Instrumental in Barclays Landing Provodnikov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nets Owner Instrumental in Barclays Landing Provodnikov

When the Barclays Center was in the process of being built in Brooklyn, Russian boxer Ruslan Provodnikov envisioned one day fighting there. And after fellow countryman and Brooklyn Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov apparently pulled a few strings- that dream will now become a reality.

Apparently, Prokhorov played a role in getting Provodnikov, a junior welterweight titlist to fight at the Barclays Center, where the Nets play their home games after he was originally slated to fight at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, LI on June 14 against the Long Island product Chris Algieri.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boxing promoters would be shook if this guy ever entered the boxing scene. He'd make everyone in the business obsolete over night.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      Boxing promoters would be shook if this guy ever entered the boxing scene. He'd make everyone in the business obsolete over night.
      Dude he would dominate by signing up all the eastern block fighters like Kovalev, Mexican Russian, Ruslan etc.

Comment

I thought the Barclays had an exclusive agreement with Golden Boy? Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by cupcrazy01 View Post
          I thought the Barclays had an exclusive agreement with Golden Boy? Did I miss something?
          NM. I actually read the article. Move along, nothing to see here.

Comment

You would think the Nassau Coliseum would have learned from the Stevenson-Kovalev fiasco...you get it in writing.

Funny that it involves HBO again, but ultimately good for boxing that this fight is in a more popular venue.

Comment

I like how this guys gets down, he wasted no time is assembling all types of names for the Nets. Hopefully this alliance will open a door for Ruslan out there.

Comment

Working...
              X