No announcement yet.

Interesting Fact about Victor Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Fact about Victor Ortiz

Look, Mayweather wins this fight convincingly.

But Victor Ortiz has scored at least 1 knockdown in his last 15 fights. While Mayweather has been hurt by the last 2 out of 3 southpaws he's faced (Corely/Judah), it will be interesting to see how well he handles Ortiz's power. Especially early in the fight when Mayweather is most vulnerable.

I predict Ortiz will hurt/wobble Mayweather before the 4th round.

But Floyd will prevail; Mayweather via TKO 8 (Doctor stoppage)

Bookmark this thread.

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

But Victor Ortiz has scored at least 1 knockdown in his last 15 fights. While Mayweather has been hurt by the last 2 out of 3 southpaws he's faced (Corely/Judah), it will be interesting to see how well he handles Ortiz's power. Especially early in the fight when Mayweather is most vulnerable.

Bookmark this thread.
    I could see Ortiz flooring Mayweather or hurting him early in the fight. Mayweather got caught by Hatton and Mosley early. Though he made his adjustments and came back to win decisively.

Ortiz doesn't throw jabs, almost purely powershots both inside and on the outside. He'll give something for Floyd to overcome, but I can't see him winning. Floyd Mayweather is no Andre Berto.

Comment

Bookmark this thread.
      Ortiz only looks good if you're there.

Berto was gassed and on the ropes. He barely moved his feet, and his footwork was never rgeat when he actually mvoed anyway LOL.

Peterson started to box and did pretty damn good. Move away from Ortiz and you can outbox him. I believe this is how Khan beat him in the amatuers, hit and move. If you can do it as a pro, ytou can beat him EASILY.

Maidana got dropped loads, but Ortiz played into Maidana's hands too.

Nate was barely moving and way shot.

Ortiz needs you to be there. He does not look good or drop people who actually move and use the ring.

Comment

Past performance means nothing when you're in with an elite fighter.

Having said that, i do think Victor will have his moments (even if he doesn't win).

Comment

Originally posted by ElderlyBeater View Post
          Ortiz only looks good if you're there.

Berto was gassed and on the ropes. He barely moved his feet, and his footwork was never rgeat when he actually mvoed anyway LOL.

Peterson started to box and did pretty damn good. Move away from Ortiz and you can outbox him. I believe this is how Khan beat him in the amatuers, hit and move. If you can do it as a pro, ytou can beat him EASILY.

Maidana got dropped loads, but Ortiz played into Maidana's hands too.

Nate was barely moving and way shot.

Ortiz needs you to be there. He does not look good or drop people who actually move and use the ring.
          Floyd said in a recent interview, he doesn't plan on moving/boxing. He plans on being right there. Considering the long layoff, he's rolling the dice if you ask me.

Comment

I think he has a knock down in every fight. Not just the last 15.

Comment

Bookmark this thread.
              When was PBF hurt by Judah? Please don't tell me you are reffering to that off balance glove touching the canvas.

Comment

Floyd said in a recent interview, he doesn't plan on moving/boxing. He plans on being right there. Considering the long layoff, he's rolling the dice if you ask me.
                Well, I don't think so. Floyd will make adjustments as soon as he feels the power.

Comment

He said that before he fought DLH as well.

He'll box. If Lamont Peterson can give Ortiz so much trouble by boxing, i don't see Ortiz has much of a chance against the best pure boxer (i said pure boxer!) on the planet.

Comment

I think it will be a good fight. Btw, It was Cedric the entertainer that said "don't play with matches".

Comment

Working...
                    X