Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenny Porter: We'll fight Spence in the future. When he becomes more of a name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Porter: We'll fight Spence in the future. When he becomes more of a name

Kenny Porter, the trainer/father of former IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter (26-2-1, 16 KOs), says a fight between him and unbeaten #2 IBF Errol Spence Jr. (21-0, 18 KOs) is a fight that he’s interested in for the future when Spence becomes more of a name. Kenny is more interested right now in matching Porter against WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman in a rematch or the likes of WBC 147lb champion Danny Garcia. Those are fights that he’d like to make in the near future for Porter.

Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-25-2016, 07:07 PM.

Spence would beat the hell out of Porter

Comment

The Six Million man

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Kenny Porter, the trainer/father of former IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter (26-2-1, 16 KOs), says a fight between him and unbeaten #2 IBF Errol Spence Jr. (21-0, 18 KOs) is a fight that he’s interested in for the future when Spence becomes more of a name. Kenny is more interested right now in matching Porter against WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman in a rematch or the likes of WBC 147lb champion Danny Garcia. Those are fights that he’d like to make in the near future for Porter.

http://goo.gl/8ggkbL

After Spence's last fight, I'd say about 2 million more people know who he is than they do Shawn Porter if you're going by TV ratings.

Nobody at 147 truly wants that work.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
          I agree. If Porter can't maul you, he can't beat you. I like Porter's aggression but frankly speaking, he's really a one dimensional come forward fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
            After Spence's last fight, I'd say about 2 million more people know who he is than they do Shawn Porter if you're going by TV ratings.

Nobody at 147 truly wants that work.
            Originally posted by larryusa View Post
            Once Spence get that belt aint no turning him down. If you turn him down you basically saying you don't want to be a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Once Spence get that belt aint no turning him down. If you turn him down you basically saying you don't want to be a champ.
              Exactly. But if you can delay him getting the shot, you can continue the BS excuses as to why you can't/won't fight him

Comment

After Porters last fight against Thurman he's not looking for another L or a high potential of an L. I think Porter has a chance at beating Spence. Porter has the power to keep Spence honest and I dont know if Spence can box a full 12 rounds without getting caught like Thurman and Brook did.

Comment

this right here is why UFC is killing boxing

Comment

"When my son is shot and over the hill I'll cash him out for one final payday against Spence"

Comment

Working...
                    X