Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What angle will be used to promote that ridiculous match up on May 7th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this popular guy is fighting this popular guy.

If they ask "What about the weight?'

Pass a few bucks to writers and we get "this is like Hagler/Leonard" or Oscar saying "this reminds me of me and Pac" and they get all excited

Casuals dont care. I talked a few that honestly think they are the same weight class

Comment

Any fight cinco de mayo weekend or grito de dolores weekend does well

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
        They're 2 top names with good following. It basically promotes itself. I know it's bullshit and I'm still buying it, lol.
        Man I know you bought some bad PPVs in your days but this has to be the worst one yet.

Comment

"Watch the greatest dancing in the ring since Prince Naseem followed by a chilling near death experience and a man being brought back to life by paramedics all on the same night."

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            this popular guy is fighting this popular guy.

If they ask "What about the weight?'

Pass a few bucks to writers and we get "this is like Hagler/Leonard" or Oscar saying "this reminds me of me and Pac" and they get all excited

Casuals dont care. I talked a few that honestly think they are the same weight class
            I've already heard that one. Add to that the 5 de mayo weekend, maybe a good/decent undercard, and the fact both Canelo and Khan are actually pretty well known and I'm expecting this to be a fun event. However, the fight is still a joke, especially when you have GGG waiting for his mandated shot.

Comment

They will mention Mayweather 100000000000000 times

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Oscar De La Hoya is a great promoter but how the hell does he promote a fight like Canelo vs Khan? What angle will he use??

The fight is already promoting itself, its going to be like one of them anti-biotic resistance viruses it will keep growing and mutating.

All the casuals are going to get infected.

The Massive British media presence on the internet will turn this into a full blown pandemic. Expect story after story via the British media on the Internet until the American media and bloggers also get infected.

I remember when Frank Bruno fought Mike Tyson back in 1989 The British Press even had full blown artticles interviewing Clairvoyants and astrologers. Articles on Frank Bruno drinking Ginseng tea. Articles
                on how many pounds of Protein Frank Bruno was consuming in a week, articles with Psychologists and hypnotherapists.
                Last edited by Invictas; 02-03-2016, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Oscar De La Hoya is a great promoter but how the hell does he promote a fight like Canelo vs Khan? What angle will he use??
                  chinless vs tamales!

Comment

No angle needed, the fight will sell itself. It's the most popular fight of the first half of 2016. You will talk about it, I will talk about it, Americans, Mexicans, Pakistani, English people will talk about it, it will get lots of coverage from journalists and reporters, people will be intrigued to see how Khan's training camp is coming along, how he is bulking up. HBO 24/7 will be the most worthwhile and interesting one in a long time. It's a mismatch, but it's a popular mismatch with lots to talk about.

Comment

Can Khan do it? Is all im thinking.
                      Cant wait for the fight. Although it might only last 2 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X