Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins takes it.....

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
      I predict everyone would be asleep by round 3.
      well 2 of the judges were last time.

chuck giampa awakens after round 12 "so what i miss? who won ted?"

tedd gimza "**** i dozed off after the intros!"

chuck giampa "not again tedd! you're gonna get us fired!"

tedd gimza "**** he's coming to collect the scorecards uh uh random select!"

chuck giampa "ah crap i'll just give calzaghe 9 rounds cause i really like that you are gonna miss him when he's gone song."

Comment

No way Joe would fight as poorly as he did the first time. I would expect Hopkins to quit around round 10 due to exhaustion. At least Joe wins a wide UD.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          No way Joe would fight as poorly as he did the first time. I would expect Hopkins to quit around round 10 due to exhaustion. At least Joe wins a wide UD.
          he fought the same exact way he does every single fight. the reason he was unable to hit hopkins and kept running into clean shots over and over is because hopkins is a much better fighter than he's used to not cause he fought poorly.

also hopkins had freddie roach as his trainer instead of richardson. hopkins 2 worst fights against winky and calzaghe were with roach. imagine how much better he would be with his normal trainer. calzaghe would still have his same lol dadtrainer who does nothing but yells curse words.
          Last edited by daggum; 10-05-2009, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            he fought the same exact way he does every single fight. the reason he was unable to hit hopkins and kept running into clean shots over and over is because hopkins is a much better fighter than he's used to not cause he fought poorly.

also hopkins had freddie roach as his trainer instead of richardson. hopkins 2 worst fights against winky and calzaghe were with roach. imagine how much better he would be with his normal trainer. calzaghe would still have his same lol dadtrainer who does nothing but yells curse words.
            i second that

Comment

Calzaghe by Decision. A fair bit wider this time though.

Comment

If Joe stayed in shape since retirement then him easily, the reason is simple. Calzaghe adapts to fighters as the fight goes on, he knows how to fight Hopkins now and without the 2 point headstart Calzaghe wont rush his work.

Comment

It would be the same result.

In their prime it would always be a close fight IMO, depends what the judges prefer.

Comment

Calzaghe would win with a wider margin in the rematch.

Comment

Calzaghe probably beats him again. Prime Hopkins beats Prime Joe though. Here come the fanboys.

Comment

Working...
                      X