No announcement yet.

Proof of Aliens?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    And as for aliens laughing at our religious beliefs....they may well have just as bizarre beliefs themselves.
    Very true. Some of these aliens might even believe human beings exist, and are laughed at by their smart ass non-believing alien peers.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
      Wooaahhh aliens! Classic, Jose

Al Bundy, savior of the universe!

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
        If there is no God, and this entire universe sprang about by chance, then that means anything can spring by chance.

If nothing created us, yet we're still here, then that virtually means ANYTHING can happen. There's nothing more improbable than nothing turning into everything. If there's no God, then that's exactly what happened. For a universe of matter, life and perception with endless dimension to just form by chance is the most improbable and impossible thing that can logically occur. It's like saying 0+0= Infinity

So, if there's no God, that means anything can happen. If anything can happen that means a God could very well exist.

If universes of conciousness and thought can form from a rock, i don't think it's so impossible to conceive that consciousness can form on much higher levels, I don't think it's so inconceivable that the universe could have formed with a consciousness too.
        I honestly think I've explained to you about 100 times that the typical laws of logic and mathematical axioms don't apply when you're dealing with a situation of infinite density and energy. This was the case before the big bang and furthermore the dimensions of space-time which underpin all of our models of reality hadn't come into existence yet. Do you see how in a situation like that it is incredibly bizarre to think normal logic that applies at low energies in a stable and defined four dimensional universe will apply?

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
          If there is no God, and this entire universe sprang about by chance, then that means anything can spring by chance.

If nothing created us, yet we're still here, then that virtually means ANYTHING can happen. There's nothing more improbable than nothing turning into everything. If there's no God, then that's exactly what happened. For a universe of matter, life and perception with endless dimension to just form by chance is the most improbable and impossible thing that can logically occur. It's like saying 0+0= Infinity

So, if there's no God, that means anything can happen. If anything can happen that means a God could very well exist.

If universes of conciousness and thought can form from a rock, i don't think it's so impossible to conceive that consciousness can form on much higher levels, I don't think it's so inconceivable that the universe could have formed with a consciousness too.
          Trying to make something like the beginning of everything into a common sense black and white argument doesnt work.

You must of heard of Lawrence Krauss's "A Universe from Nothing" book.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
            I wouldn't say it's thriving really, I think there's ample evidence for it's erosion given that it's being used to justify everything from terrorism (both foreign and domestic), to denying children immunization. If people were honest with themselves and read the scriptures as they appear a lot of the **** people think up isn't even in the bible anywhere. I think some people and or groups are extremely reluctant to move outside of an easy to understand universe based on an archaic religious framework.

I make presumptions based on my frame of reference, Planet Earth, I don't have anything else. Quite naturally I could be wrong, but I wonder how many of humankind's discoveries are based on religion? Religion is a closed system that only allows new information based on emotions and nothing observable or coherent.

We have no evidence of aliens but one imagines if they're flying around in space they presumably would have escaped the crises that are now crippling the world that's "thriving" with religion. I think for me, this is about more than just aliens it's about freedom of human determination. I equate nothing good or useful with religion, so I can't quite see a race if they exist, and have any level of sophistication being religious. Mathematics is the universal language not Hebrew or Arabic....
            Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
            lol at religions thriving. catholic church is losing members at record rate while my atheists soldiers are gaining numbers similar to ISIS in its prime. there is a islamic civil war going on for the heart of islam. youtube comments section pwnage are happening everyday. squealpiggy level.

religion is not thriving. its at war right now and they are taking Ls.

they are losing the battle but the war is faaaaaaaar from over.
            By thriving i meant that its still a massive part of our species.

There is no reason why a form of religion could not still be held by technologically advanced beings.

Religious beliefs arent always incompatible with advanced scientific knowledge.
            We all know how people cherry pick which bible passages they adhere to, or how they interpret parts in ways that suit them. What they see as literal or metaphorical/allegorical etc.
            Faith persists to this day, i dont see why it wont survive for another thousand years. No matter how we all would like that to not be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Buk Lau View Post
              Wouldn't it be great if there was concrete proof of ETs!

I reckon they exist and they are watching all these religious idiots fighting over their invisible sky daddies and having a right laugh!!
              If they do exist they aren't visiting this planet its just all idiots seeing things and making things up like they do with bigfoot. Don't underestimate how stupid people are

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                If they do exist they aren't visiting this planet its just all idiots seeing things and making things up like they do with bigfoot. Don't underestimate how stupid people are

For all we know, Jesus was an alien who could walk on water and make blood into wine.

Comment

Probability alone tells us there's life outside of our solar system. There's plenty of testimony, ancient text, art and even modern evidence that makes a strong case for extraterrestrial/interdimensional entity visits. A thread should def be dedicated to this.

Comment

There is no reason why a form of religion could not still be held by technologically advanced beings.

We all know how people cherry pick which bible passages they adhere to, or how they interpret parts in ways that suit them. What they see as literal or metaphorical/allegorical etc.
                    Faith persists to this day, i dont see why it wont survive for another thousand years. No matter how we all would like that to not be true.
                    Give some instances when science and religion actually "meshed."

Comment

It's impossible to grasp what a thousand years from now will look like, what mankind will look like. Look at how quickly technology has advanced over the last 150 years. Just in the past 50 years is mind boggling. Mankind could be completely foreign to us in a thousand years, especially as we intertwine man with machine. Then try to grasp 5,000 years. 10,000 years. 50,000 years. It's easy to see how insignificant religion truly is when we look at the bigger picture and easy to not only assume but to know for certainty today's religions will be long gone. Any type if "faith" as we define it today will no longer exist.

Comment

Working...
                      X