Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are other DSG fans actually proud of what happened last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    I understand. So you gonna spend the next 12 months *****ing about it? We all know it sucked.
    We'll it did just happen last night. I'm sure by midweek people will have moved on to the upcoming fights. Or at least we can hope they will.

Comment

TBH if he didn't get rid of Salka like he did, there would be threads saying Salka was handling his own and that Garcia struggled. At least he did what he had to do, he gets the flashy brutal KO over an abismally overmatched opponent. And it was the cherry on the cake of a disgraceful card, promoters and "advisers" are to blame and they deserve the hate.

Comment

Not really..... Salka was a lw and we all knew Danny was gonna KO him. It was a bs fight. Let's see what he does next.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I know what you mean. No one celebrates an overmatched opponent.

I'll just say this-ask anyone who gives you **** if they complained last week when kov destroyed an equally overmatched opponent.

Danny, ref and everyone involved should be ashamed, even if algieri, I mean caparello, I mean salka got paid his biggest payday ever.

Comment

I'll just say this-ask anyone who gives you **** if they complained last week when kov destroyed an equally overmatched opponent.

Danny, ref and everyone involved should be ashamed, even if algieri, I mean caparello, I mean salka got paid his biggest payday ever.
            No comparison here. Rod Salka = UNRANKED Light Welterweight, who technically just got forced into a WELTERWEIGHT match. #77 at Lightweight on BoxRec. No where to be found in the WBA/WBC rankings.

versus

Blake Caparello.

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
            It was a confidence builder to attract casuals man this happens all the time. He is just doing his job
            So you're telling me the "I'm coming home.. I'm coming home.." market strategy for Danny and his Puerto Rican roots against Herrera wasn't supposed to be another confidence builder after just beating boogeyman Matthysse on Mayweather's undercard? Danny was close if not more than a 10-1 favorite against Herrera I believe.

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            Not really..... Salka was a lw and we all knew Danny was gonna KO him. It was a bs fight. Let's see what he does next.
            I agree with the bold, hopefully its a Peterson fight or someone worthy at Welterweight. I think Haymon has Robert Guerrero signed, so that would be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Every time you repeat this, you look worse. No matter how many times you put them in the same sentence, it doesn't make it true.

A champion from a lower division and a top 15 fighter in the same division>>>>>>>>>a 77th ranked fighter from a lower division.
              Explain the difference between this fight and kov caparello or nonito v narvaez. Just the ranking of the opponent?

Overmatched opponents are overmatched opponents. Period. Since the time this fight was announced I killed it. When the fight was over I called it a crime. You can check the record.

Where was this for other fights? You are smart enough to know that most of the criticism from posters is fake and motivated solely by danny's association with haymon and showtime.

Stop disingenuiously hiding behind salka's ranking simply to make it worse. Salka had no business in with danny-thats the same thing we saw with kov and caparello. We knew it before both fights to despite their respective sanctioning body ranks and the weight they fought at previously.

What's really sad is you know what most of this blowback from posters really is but instead of actually giving a damn about overmatched opponents and what happens in those fights you come on to say I look worse because of their ranks. Right.

You knew caparello and salka had the same chance despite their ranking difference.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                No comparison here. Rod Salka = UNRANKED Light Welterweight, who technically just got forced into a WELTERWEIGHT match. #77 at Lightweight on BoxRec. No where to be found in the WBA/WBC rankings.

versus

Blake Caparello.

So you're telling me the "I'm coming home.. I'm coming home.." market strategy for Danny and his Puerto Rican roots against Herrera wasn't supposed to be another confidence builder after just beating boogeyman Matthysse on Mayweather's undercard? Danny was close if not more than a 10-1 favorite against Herrera I believe.

I agree with the bold, hopefully its a Peterson fight or someone worthy at Welterweight. I think Haymon has Robert Guerrero signed, so that would be a good fight.
                Despite caparello ranking I thought he had the same chance to win as salka did, none.

Doesn't justify danny taking fight and doesn't change mu opinion or criticism of it.

Both opponents had no chance. That to me is the more important factor.

We can agree to disagree. I would say don't fall into the NSB trap of holding certain fighters to a different, higher standard.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 08-11-2014, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Wasn't that guy actually ranked though?
                  Top ten I believe or well... he was definitely ranked.

Not a huge fan of Kovalev but you can't compare those two fights.

Comment

Despite caparello ranking I thought he had the same chance to win as salka did, none.

Doesn't justify danny taking fight and doesn't change mu opinion or criticism of it.

Both opponents had no chance. That to me is the more important factor.

We can agree to disagree. I would say don't fall into the NSB trap of holding certain fighters to a different, higher standard.
                    Matching Garcia-Salka was an insult to the sport. Mayweather should of stepped in and banned Garcia's horsehair gloves for this fight because putting Salka at such physical disadvantages and experience disadvantages isn't safe for the sport. It was a damn disgrace. Salka could of been seriously hurt.

Again. Salka is a LIGHTWEIGHT, he even said in an interview he's likely to go back down to 135. They pushed him into the 140 match, then at 142 CW its a Welterweight match with the weight only benefiting Danny.

Caparello had fought guys with experience at world class level. He fought guys that had fought men like Andre Ward and Antonio Tarver. Who is Salka's best win? Alexei Collado or ex-Manny 'Mexicutioner' Victim and washed up fighter who lost too many in a row to count Emmanuel Lucero?

Kovalev-Caprello and Garcia-Salka are on different levels of 'no chance' for the underdogs.

Comment

I don't think I've seen a single person support or defend this fight.

Literally I haven't seen a single person.

Which makes sense considering it was a complete joke and one of the worst cherry picks ever from a Lineal Champ.

Yet I keep seeing these threads about these supposed people who have defended it.

I've even seen my name be used to support it Which is literally completely untrue. I haven't even watched the fight and barely even spoke about it before hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X