Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios on Gamboa: I Wasted My Time on this Piece of ****!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    How can you not be a Rios fan? Dude is legit.

Shame on Gamboa. Oh well lets make Rios-Alvarado with Gesta-Herrera as the opener.

Rios-Alvarado would just as much action and entertaining maybe even more so than what a Rios_Gamboa would have been.
    He is legit because he dying to fight a FW?

Comment

im not a fan of rios but how can some of u even be mad at him for saying this to gamboa??? dude gamboa was MIA, a no show, a punk!

Comment

Gamboa scared **** out of his mind!

Gamboa is not a warrior, warriors fight like pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
          He is legit because he dying to fight a FW?
          Watch the Peterson fight, see how he acted in the fight. Se how many times he got hit low repeatedly and never complained and kept on fighting like it was nothing. That what makes him legit. Last time I checked Peterson wasn't a featherweight.

Watch the Acosta fight. Look how beautifully he puts pressure on, breaks down fighters. That is what makes him legit. Last time I checked Acosta wasn't a featherweight.

This is the same guy that was willing to fight a tune up with Molina and then turn around and fight JMM in July. Molina agreed to the fight. However, after agreeing Molina promoter Goosen wanted more money. Molina isn't a top fighter. but not a terrible fighter. And, last time I checked not a feather. But, more importantly is that he is/was willing to turn around and fight JMM in July.

He didn't call out the featherweight, the featherweight called him out. He didn't even take the seriously at first. Not only that, Gamboa was the favorite. Rios was the underdog. Rios was even willing to take less money than Gamboa. And, Gamboa doesn't draw shit. And, for anyone who comes back and says that Rios is not a draw either. I dare you, I dare every one to show one fight of Gamboa that had more ratings than what Rios-Acosta had on Showtime. Go ahead...And, not only is Rios willing to fight Gamboa in April for less money without bitching and moaning he is willing to fight JMM in July that is what makes dude legit.

He still willing to fight DeMarco at 135 in April, who last time I checked wasn't a featherweight, or any fight at 140 and then fight JMM in July. He is willing to use DeMarco as a tune FFS's and then jump back into it. That is what makes the dude legit.

Whether you respect his skills or not, whether you think he has skills or not. The dude is a fighter, he comes to fight, he doesn't complain, he doesn't bitch and moan, he does his job, and he fights his ass off every single time you see him. That is what makes the dude legit.
          Last edited by Roman Moreno; 03-07-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I'm not mad at either dude...Bam is a bad mofo and imo this era's "truth meter"....if you wanna know if a fighter is the truth or fraud from 135-140...put him in with Bam and you'll find out imo.....Yuri is up in age and has to make the best moves possible for him and his fam atm....I don't know what it is with the Cubans and their pro careers...those dudes be running late in years while still early in their careers...this has got to change....they're some talented ass fighters and its a shame they're still living off the rep they made while fighting with head gear on...smh

I had Bam wearing and beating him down in a FOTY type of scrap....imo he was gonna be way too big for Yuri...speed would've looked good for 4 rounds until those body shots and that pressure got a hold of the lil dude and then Bam would've went to work.....thats how I saw it playing out!!

Comment

scrubber

Gamboa can't speak english maybe he is confused? Rios will beat the hell out of the cuban. can gamboa even read? confusion in boxing so rare!

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                Watch the Peterson fight, see how he acted in the fight. Se how many times he got low repeatedly and never complained and kept on fighting like it was nothing. That what makes him legit. Last time I checked Peterson wasn't a featherweight.

Watch the Acosta fight. Look how he beautifully he puts pressure on, breaks down fighters. That is what makes him legit. Last time I checked Peterson wasn't a featherweight.

This is the same guy that was willing to fight a tune up with Molina and then turn around and fight JMM in July. Molina agreed to the fight. However, after agreeing Molina promoter Goosen wanted more money. Molina isn't a top fighter. but not a terrible fighter. And, last time I checked not a feather. But, more importantly is that he is/was willing to turn around and fight JMM in July.

He didn't call out the featherweight, the featherweight called him out. He didn't even take the seriously at first. Not only that, Gamboa was the favorite. Rios was the underdog. Rios was even willing to take less money than Gamboa. And, Gamboa doesn't draw ****. And, for anyone who comes back and says that Rios is not a draw either. I dare you, I dare every one to show one fight of Gamboa that had more ratings than what Rios-Acosta had on Showtime. Go ahead...And, not only is Rios willing to fight Gamboa in April for less money without bitching and moaning he is willing to fight JMM in July that is what makes dude legit.

He still willing to fight DeMarco at 135 in April, who last time I checked wasn't a featherweight, or any fight at 140 and then fight JMM in July. He is willing to use DeMarco as a tune FFS's and then jump back into it. That is what makes the dude legit.

Whether you respect his skills or not, whether you think he has skills or not. The dude is a fighter, he comes to fight, he doesn't complain, he doesn't bitch and moan, he does his job, and he fights his ass off every single time you see him. That is what makes the dude legit.
                Similar to what your stating here, I've always had this view on Rios. He is a warrior. Great post.

Comment

Rios picking on the little guys ey? Notice he calls him "little" over and over? That's because Gamboa is too little to be fighting Rios.

Comment

Rios is a good fighter, but similar to Chavez jr. he puts on a lot of weight come fight night, and would have been to big for Gamboa. He was 11 pound bigger the night he fought peterson. He should definitely fight Alvarado. Still ***** move by gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by Lac'em up View Post
                      Rios picking on the little guys ey?
                      See this kind of thinking would make sense if Gamboa wouldn't have been the one calling out Rios. Insisting of making that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X