Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Shoots down Lee fight. Are now pushing Sergio Martinez-Sergei Dzinziruk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like 168 is the really interesting weight now. Sergio is a few years shy of all the excitement being at middleweight. Still, he's the legit, lineal middleweight champion of the world and all this talk about a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight- clear welterweights- needs to stop. I'd rather a really solid 160 lb. fighter step up, but, barring that- and all the really exciting battles seem to be at super middleweight- I'm glad to see HBO endorsing a solid opponent over a decent name.

I'm not sure if they don't believe in Martinez's ability to hold the belt, so they aren't building him up in terms of reputation as they usually do, or if they really want to see him fight the tough fights.

Comment

Good to hear. I fear that Martinez may just overwhelm Dzinziruk, but it's 10x better than Martinez-Zbik or Martinez-Lee.

Comment

I'd love that fight, but I kinda it'll happen. According to Rafael, Dzinziruk has guaranteed minimum $750,000 for HBO WCB headliner. I wonder how much money HBO offered to the table...

For information: Martinez got $1 mln for P-Will rematch, and rejected $2.5 mln for Cotto.

Comment

So HBO turns down Martinez-Lee but they pay for Berto-Hernandez?

Al Haymon must suck a mean d*ck.

Comment

Working...
          X