Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most powerful country in Europe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the most powerful country in Europe?

Who has the most power to raise the most hell in a world war?

Germany.. They showed their strengt once.. It's a central powerful and rich country.

Comment

The UK - Best Special Forces in the world, highly trained/capable army, rich and most decisively has the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in Europe.

Comment

Germany, easily. No one can match their industrial base, the skilled labour pool and the position they hold geographically.

They are the biggest, richest, most advanced country in Western Europe (Russia is bigger-but its not in "Europe" the political entity, meaning the EU) - and have since creation in 1871 dominated much of the play.

The whole EU system is merely a means to control German power. In a free competition, no one can touch them. The Prussians were traditionally a warrior people to boot, so they have it locked.

Oh and German girls have the sexiest accents. [And my best mate is German, so I am forced to write good stuff...].

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
          Germany.. They showed their strengt once.. It's a central powerful and rich country.

Twice :-)

At the moment germany isn't very heavily armed.
          In theory it could be the most powerful land in a decade or something, but happily it ain't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
            Germany, easily. No one can match their industrial base, the skilled labour pool and the position they hold geographically.

They are the biggest, richest, most advanced country in Western Europe (Russia is bigger-but its not in "Europe" the political entity, meaning the EU) - and have since creation in 1871 dominated much of the play.

The whole EU system is merely a means to control German power. In a free competition, no one can touch them. The Prussians were traditionally a warrior people to boot, so they have it locked.

Oh and German girls have the sexiest accents. [And my best mate is German, so I am forced to write good stuff...].
            I am going to disagree on the geographical positioning, they are very central which can be positive or negative depending on the positioning of their allies, for example in WWI the Austro-Hungarians sealed them off from the south but the country is potentially vulnerable to attack at the east south and west from land, as well as attack at sea from the north. Also given the demilitarization after WWII in modern terms an Island nation with air and sea superiority such as the UK holds large advantages should a global conflict arise right now (which I assume is the time period we are discussing.)

Comment

UK

It would be Germany but they are still restrained military wise and they have had huge economic problems (and still do to a degree) linking back up with the East.

Comment

UK. Still the world's second strongest navy, fourth strongest aggregate military (after USA, China and Russia), the strongest individual economy (the EU nations lack independence from the Union) and of course the third strongest nuclear arsenal. The second most powerful European nation is probably France, but they surrendered before they finished reading the end of my first two sentences.

Comment

How is the Uk economy, with no manufacturing, even equal to the mighty German economy let alone better then it?

I take accept the points on military, but talking economy here, Germany ***** slaps the competition.

Comment

Russia is the most powerfull country in Europe, but most of it lies in Asia, which makes it an iffy subject. Regarding the western block currently the UK is the strongest nation, but if Germany would be free to build their military as much as they wanted they would easily be the strongest in Europe in probably a little over a decade, and we would be fighting World Wars a few times every 100 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X