Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, let's settle this: Cotto vs. Chavez Jr. - Vote..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right now probably cotto...by the time they actually fight, if they do, chavez...probably happens on cottos last fight with top rank

Comment

Like i said, at this point, when the fight gets intense, jr. gets too excited and loses his composure...but with time, good training and experience, he can overcome that. That's why i say Cotto beter get him before he gets good.

Comment

Julio has zero stamina.Cotto can box all night,pick his shots,avoid the strong hits and watch julio crumble in fatigue to a UD.Just my opinion.

Comment

Won't happen because Jr. will be dead after he fights Maravilla.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandoernandez View Post
            Won't happen because Jr. will be dead after he fights Maravilla.
            But that won't happen because Jr. will be dead before he ever signs to fight Maravilla. ... You figure the cause of death... Rope, ceiling fan and a small chair..

Comment

I think size matters in this matchup. Cotto seems to me, like a small jr mw and didn't really carry his power up at this weight. This fight is a test of endurance, power and will - and I think the bigger and harder punching Chavez Jr. matches Cotto in all those departments and his youth and size are the difference.

I got Chavez Jr. by late stoppage...

Comment

JR has size and that is about it. Cotto outworks him and stops him late.

Comment

As Teddy Atlas would say "he (Cotto) has a lot of miles on his tires" i.e. he's been in wars, he's taken punishment and seen a lot of action. To me, I think the younger fresher less shop worn Chavez Jr. will outwork and outpower Miquel...

Comment

I said Cotto but I'm assuming it takes place at 155. Chavez does have maybe a LITTLE leverage, but Cotto has a lot more options than Chavez. He'll actually fight Martinez and Martinez actually said he would come down to 154. Then again, if they don't fight each other they do have options against Martinez/Canelo for either fighter, and if Pac/May doesn't get made Cotto definitely has them ahead of Chavez. So... I'm thinking this fight happens at 157 max, and it being that high... Well it makes me a little nervous if anything because Chavez is just HUGE. He is bigger than Margarito and better really, though he might be an easier fight than Marg for Cotto.

I'm going to go with Cotto but the size makes this fight a lot closer than people think. Cotto could be outweighed by 15+ pounds and 5-6 inches in reach, its a tough, tough fight. Chavez doesn't seem to have great power though, granted he just had a KO, he has yet to fight a good fighter IMO.

Comment

i dont understand where people are getting the idea chavez jr actually stands a chance, he has absolutely zero chance, and im mexican...

unless him and his dad remake some "freaky friday" type movie ****, chavez jr will get outbox by cotto and probably get knocked out...

chavez jr. needs to man up and tell arum to go make the canelo fight, same way manny should for his own fight (but thats another story).........

Comment

Working...
                      X