No announcement yet.

reporter tells jacobs he's riding the cancer wave, Jacobs gets upset

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get praised for what?

Mora is his first win against someone that wasnt a complete nobody, and he got dropped by Sergios feather-fisted ass in the process.

What should we be praising him for?

I'm seriously asking.

Comment

This is from a while ago, Nes' intention was why Danny hadn't stepped up his competition yet.

Comment

Reporter got exposed for his bull****...Jacobs carried himself like a real man

Comment

You can tell that interviewers are not used to handling professional athletes who are capable of articulating themselves. The promoter was a dick: cancer is something that it is difficult to overcome and takes its toll on the body; Jacob taking soft touches for a couple of years should not have surprised anyone.

It really shows that people view fighters as nothing more than performing monkeys.

Comment

Nes can be a real jerk, but I love him for saying things that most wouldn't have the audacity to verbalize. Jacobs will forever be marketed as the guy who defeated cancer. The media also milked Guerrero's story too, it's just something that I got used to and it doesn't annoy me anymore. Jacobs is gradually stepping up his competition so it doesn't seem like he's riding the "cancer wave" anymore, but his post-fight interview last night shows that his ego is growing.

Comment

I'll give Jacobs this. At least he beat his own cancer. He's not taking credit for beating another person's cancer like Guerrero has.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-02-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Get praised for what?

Mora is his first win against someone that wasnt a complete nobody, and he got dropped by Sergios feather-fisted ass in the process.

What should we be praising him for?

I'm seriously asking.
                Praised for overcoming cancer
                And then continuing to fight

Comment

Originally posted by doktorsleepless View Post
                  i'll give jacobs this. At least he beat his own cancer. He's not taking credit for beating another person's cancer like guerrero has.
                  whammmmmmmm!!!!

Comment

Not good. On another note, Jacob still celebrating his vicious KO of Mora's ankle. Wait a minute, I thought snakes didn't have bones..

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      Yea but overcoming cancer is a huge accomplishment
                      So is overcoming prison. People overcome things. That's great. Good for him. He needs to give mora a rematch. He acted like a little bltch after the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X