Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson says the Shoulder Roll would never work in heavyweight devision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Lennox Lewis used some variation of a shoulder roll on Tyson?

Comment

mike tyson is doin toooo much, james toney used it just fine along with others, thing is, Floyd isnt a heavyweight hes a WW... the best one alive

Comment

naw Tyson is wrong

Comment

Joshua proved it this weeknd

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Makes little sense. Particularly since Holyfield rolled and countered him all night.
            I was just watching that fight yesterday LOL.

I don't even understand Tyson's point here. Mayweather is not a heavyweight so I fail to see any relevance.

Comment

Depends on the heavyweight. Against Joshua, it fails.

Comment

he's not far off base. it invites right hands that can put you to sleep, and makes defending them more difficult.

a HW can knock out into next week with a shot high on the head. hell, a massive man can put the fear of god in you even if you have your gloves up and block a punch.

tyson has biases, but it hink a lot of you forget that he knows boxing, and was a hell of a fighter in his prime. he was a student of the game whne he was comnign up, and he fought a slew of different styles at HW in the late 80's and through the 90's.

Comment

It's successful with guys like floyd, toney, moore

It's not so good for guys like broner, Berto, johnson..

It's the caliber of fighter that ultimately decides if it's a successful tactic or not

Comment

It can work, but generally speaking if you mess it up once it could be curtains for the guy using it.

Floyd who is a total expert has gotten tagged plenty of times, it is not often and he has good reach which aides him but it still happens.

If you use a suspect version that is a recipe for disaster, and even developing it in the gym would be hard to do because it would likely be a very painful process.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      I was just watching that fight yesterday LOL.

I don't even understand Tyson's point here. Mayweather is not a heavyweight so I fail to see any relevance.
                      LOL I don't know. He and Floyd must have some type of beef.

Comment

Working...
                      X