No announcement yet.

For the weight lifting crowd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    Lol this guy wrongly disagreeing with me again.

The lactic acid you produce after working out affects your whole body. It's irrefutable.
    Yea that's what the MMA fighter I work out with told me. I been hydrating well, eating my protein and glutamine afterwards.

I don't get that sore because I'm in good shape, and always have been. I think when I was running and my calves started cramping really bad, I ignored the pain (as I always do because I'm stupid) and kept running.

I think I did damage to them to the point where I can't even walk right now..lol

I think rest is the best thing, I was just asking if this was common or not. Didn't know since I'm not a weight lifter and don't know much about it.

Comment

When I said rest I was referring to you working out every day...

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        When I said rest I was referring to you working out every day...
        Yea I'm going home today and just chilling. I have a busy weekend so I need the rest.

Comment

Try ice bath brah

Comment

OP the blood in your worked out muscles theory is completely correct. Been through it myself, was just a youngin' then, instead of oxygen rich red blood cells, you're calves are filling with lactic acid. As mentioned above, ice bath's help immensely with lowering lactic acid build up thus ultimately leading to cramps.......

The oxygen (blood) will go where its needed most (so back and biceps regions in your case) then old madame lactic comes along instead once oxygen levels in your red blood cells start depleting (in leymans terms, im not getting my old text books out again nor am i a phd in it lol)
            But thats my general understanding of whats happening with you.

The body will adapt to a degree in time, depends on recovery quality/diet/age/genetics really.
            Last edited by RightJab; 07-17-2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
              OP the blood in your worked out muscles theory is completely correct. Been through it myself, was just a youngin' then, instead of blood, you're calves are filling with lactic acid, as mentioned above, ice bath's help immensely with lactic acid build up thus ultimately leading to cramps.......

The oxygen (blood) will go where its needed most (so back and biceps regions in your case) then old madame lactic comes along instead once oxygen levels in your red blood cells start depleting (in leymans terms, im not getting my old text books out again lol)

The body will adapt to a degree in time, depends on recovery quality/diet/age/genetics really.
              I just spoke to this guy I always see at the super market and he said the same exact thing you did and that it's much more common than I originally thought.

He's a big dude, you can tell lifts a lot and tells me he has leg cramps all the time from lifting. I never heard of such a thing, crazy.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their info.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I just spoke to this guy I always see at the super market and he said the same exact thing you did and that it's much more common than I originally thought.

He's a big dude, you can tell lifts a lot and tells me he has leg cramps all the time from lifting. I never heard of such a thing, crazy.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their info.
                Ice Baths and excellent quality rest will be your friend. Respect, i wouldn't go for a run after some heavy weight lifting session! I know some can, i prefer to alternate days from weights to cardio for example, again im nooooo guru but it's roughly what i learned at school!

Comment

Ice Baths and excellent quality rest will be your friend. Respect, i wouldn't go for a run after some heavy weight lifting session! I know some can, i prefer to alternate days from weights to cardio for example, again im nooooo guru but it's roughly what i learned at school!
                  Yea man, lesson learned...lol

I will stick to my cardio days and weight days. I was feeling really good on Tuesday.

I'm just used to push ups, dips, pull ups, medicine ball, and boxing training. I'm new to this weight lifting thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Yea man, lesson learned...lol

I will stick to my cardio days and weight days. I was feeling really good on Tuesday.

I'm just used to push ups, dips, pull ups, medicine ball, and boxing training. I'm new to this weight lifting thing.
                    Funnily enough, strength-wise i'm going the opposite of you (no weights, plyometrics/calisthenics) and the cardio.

Best of luck on your venture Cua, 'proper' weight lifting is a tough regime, deffo split the cardio and lift days big fella! The body will adapt, the human brain/muscle memory is an amazing thing.

Comment

Funnily enough, strength-wise i'm going the opposite of you (no weights, plyometrics/calisthenics) and the cardio.

Best of luck on your venture Cua, 'proper' weight lifting is a tough regime, deffo split the cardio and lift days big fella! The body will adapt, the human brain/muscle memory is an amazing thing.
                      Yea I see you are 24, that would be great if you are just wanting to box. When I was a boxer, I never lifted ever.

Now that I turned 40 this year, I have been advised by some of the older guys in the gym that are in great shape, that they key is lifting weights. It really increases your testosterone and keeps that lean muscle.

Not that I have low T, just thinking about the future because I'm still a young man.

Comment

Working...
                      X