Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much running does Martinez need to do to survive Cottos attack?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Even the 2012 version would have murdered any version of Cotto. He took clean haymakers from Chavez Jr while he was on one leg and his head stayed clear the whole time.

The trauma of Cotto never becoming as big as once promised to be has had a severe impact on his fans. They think a guy who soaked up shots from Kelly Pavlik and Chavez is going to be worried about Cotto's power, when Cotto has no power at 154.

Margarito said that Cotto couldn't punch even at 147. And even little Manny Pacquiao was walking through his shots.
    I was basically referring to pre-Chavez Sergio.

His knee has been a mess since then, but the Martinez before that utterly demolishes Miguel. Too good, too big, too fast.

Comment

Martinez couldn't run if he wanted to. I'm pretty sure his knees, even if they hold up, will prevent that. But it won't be necessary to move all that much. Sergio is just too big and too fast for a Miguel Cotto who's seen better days. Miguel's hope is that Sergio is too old and/or too rickety to win. If he's wrong, it's going to be a painful, potentially embarrassing night for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Martinez couldn't run if he wanted to. I'm pretty sure his knees, even if they hold up, will prevent that. But it won't be necessary to move all that much. Sergio is just too big and too fast for a Miguel Cotto who's seen better days. Miguel's hope is that Sergio is too old and/or too rickety to win. If he's wrong, it's going to be a painful, potentially embarrassing night for Cotto.
        I don't see Cotto lasting too long myself.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I don't see Cotto lasting too long myself.
          It's been repeated ad nauseam, but it's true: the only question mark here is Sergio's health. If "Maravilla" is intact, there's no contest. Let's see who shows up on fight night.

Comment

Cotto doesnt have his welterweight power at jr middleweight what makes you think he'll carry it to middle.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              Will he be able to complete the perfect Marathon to refrain from getting "bodied" by Cotto? Especially at this age (40?) and with the nagging soccer (knee) injuries?
              Martinez doesn´t need to run. He his bigger and stronger than Cotto, and had faced much bigger punchers. Why would the bigger and stronger guy run away from the smaller one? It will be the first time that I see something like that.

Comment

Will he be able to complete the perfect Marathon to refrain from getting "bodied" by Cotto? Especially at this age (40?) and with the nagging soccer (knee) injuries?
                Your funny this fight will end With Cotto taking another Knee similar to Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  Your funny this fight will end With Cotto taking another Knee similar to Margarito
                  nah dont think so...i think this fight will end with Cotto taking a nap similar to Pacquiao

Comment

Turns out there wasn't enough running to save Martinez from getting bodied by Cotto.

Comment

Turns out there wasn't enough running to save Martinez from getting bodied by Cotto.
                      Can't give you enough props Seek. You saw it coming when no one else did. Good ****!

Comment

Working...
                      X