No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Fury is a Very Good Champion in a Poor Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch: Fury is a Very Good Champion in a Poor Division

2015 is closing out with a new heavyweight king.

For the better part of the last ten years, brothers Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko controlled the heavyweight division and had a firm grasp on the major titles.

A new age is coming. Vitali retired two years ago and last month Wladimir suffered defeat for the first time in over ten years, when Tyson Fury (25-0, 18KOs) stunned him with a twelve round unanimous decision to capture the WBO/IBO/IBF/WBA titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The Heavyweight division is a "poor division"? It's as least as good as the super middleweight division, pal.

Comment

Froch was champ of an average division. 1 potential ATG who kicked his arse with 1 hand. Kessler, Bute, Abraham are all b level. Calzaghe would have played with Froch. Eubank, Benn & Collins would have stopped Froch. Jones would have embarrassed Froch. Hopkins would have pavlikd Froch. Haggler would have beat Froch around the squared circle.
      Froch was average, his appeal was he was grounded & hungry, now his heads up his own arse & he's content to eat his own ****e. **** Froch & fat Eddie

Comment

Everyone says HW-division is in poor state

Just because the giant klitschkos brought some boredom to the HW Division (particularly the post-Stewart-Wladimir with his Punch-and-clinch style), I don't think there were many in the histoy of HW boxing that could compete with thier power size and atheticism. And I am also not sure if the Division is in such a "poor state". We will never know, because we can only compare theoretically. I'm not sure if Ali could have beaten any one of the Klitschkos. I could imagine, however, that Tyson could have. But we will never know. The HW-Division is what it is. Let's enjoy what we have now. I do miss brutal knockouts of past heavyweights, however. But didn't we senn wlad knock Pulev out decisively? Or didn't we witness great knockouts or heavy pummeling from Vitali (Danny Williams, Sanders, or Briggs). We have new blodd coming up in 2016 / 2017 (Wilder, Fury, Ortiz or Joshua). It's going to get more exciting

Comment

i'd word it like this "fury is a ****ty champion in a newly revived hw division"

u can say wat u want but shannon briggs has promoted himself better than any one at welterweight...deontay wilder is a breathe of fresh air that the division has been needing the breath got even more noticable after that klit fury snoozefest..."that klits getting licked"...i 100% agree it got licked..that **** was very comperable to softcore ****..so yea.,,
          also joshua is a threat, povektin has a gold medal..klit has a gold medal..name me 3 gold medalist at another division...wilder carrying bronze..

i was high on teper, but he was high on peds, malik scott just had an impressive win over thompson in which he boxed well..

not to mention this upcoming wilder card is a HW fest!

Comment

I'm a big Froch fan as a fighter, not so much him as a pundit. This sounds suspiciously like butthurt to me. Is he upset that a fellow British fighter is the undisputed number 1 at his weight, yet Froch never was?

Comment

**** off Froch you useless ****ing goodball.

Comment

Froch always and still downplaying others' achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
                  Froch was champ of an average division. 1 potential ATG who kicked his arse with 1 hand. Kessler, Bute, Abraham are all b level. Calzaghe would have played with Froch. Eubank, Benn & Collins would have stopped Froch. Jones would have embarrassed Froch. Hopkins would have pavlikd Froch. Haggler would have beat Froch around the squared circle.
                  Froch was average, his appeal was he was grounded & hungry, now his heads up his own arse & he's content to eat his own ****e. **** Froch & fat Eddie
                  I don't disagree with any of your mythical match-up calls. The 1990s was a tough time to be a super middleweight. Collins especially is very under-rated these days.

Talking about when he was at his peak, I think on an all time level Froch is a solid B fighter. Ward and Calzaghe were A- and Jones was a solid A level.

I agree Froch has tremendous appeal as a fighter. Tremendous heart. If he was a football team you would say that team is well coached, plays like a team with no star players and the sum ability of the team is greater than the sum ability of the individual players.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                    The Heavyweight division is a "poor division"? It's as least as good as the super middleweight division, pal.
                    One way of looking at the depth of a division is to go to BoxRec and look at the ranking points of say the 20th or 25th ranked fighters. Or better still look at the top 20 fighters and find out the average ranking points.

Do that and compare one division with another. Heavyweight 25th ranked fighter is Amir Mansour. He has 235 ranking points - that is quite high for a 25th ranked fighter - something that indicates that the HW division is surprisingly competitive. 25th ranked SMW has like 85 points.

Its not a fool proof system, but it gives an idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X