No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez's Ex-Trainer Reportedly To Be Released

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez's Ex-Trainer Reportedly To Be Released

According to source close to the situation, there soon may be a little shakeup in the camp of middleweight champion Sergio ‘Maravilla’ Martinez.

It appears as though Gabriel Sarmiento, the former trainer of Martinez, is set to be released from jail in his native Spain sometime in March.

Sarmiento’s initial arrest, for aggravated battery, took place on March 4th of 2011 in Los Angeles, as Martinez was just a week away from an 8th round TKO victory over Sergiy Dzinziruk. Days after his initial arrest, Sarmiento was taken to Spain and has since been locked up while his younger brother Pablo has filled his place in the head trainer role.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Drama brewing... YES!!! We love drama!

Comment

Hard decision to make.

Comment

On the bright side. If anything goes really wrong, Sergio said it himself, he trains himself.

But having Gabriel there would be the cherry on top.

Comment

I don't think this was ever reported after he was arrested, but I tracked down the specifics for what Sarmiento did last month.

http://www.guadalajaradosmil.es/noti...as-siglo.htmlm

Basically, in 2003 while working as a bouncer, he beat up a guy leaving him half paralyzed. He initially pleaded guilty, but later he said he was just covering for something his brother did. (Not Pablo, another brother)

Comment

"Pablo went Hollywood" said our source. "He fell in love with the attention."
            Where are they getting that from?

Comment

Its simple, Martinez's trainer is whoever he chooses. He's been having success with the younger brother so Idk why he would change.

I think I smell some Garcia brothers type drama coming up.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Where are they getting that from?

Comment

I met Sergio's trainer at Foxwoods.seemed down to earth then.

Comment

All I know is that Martinez is gonna have 2 hand stuffs of money for Gabriel...as to who he's going to have as trainer, it's up to him...

Comment

Working...
                    X