Comments Thread For: Vargas' Manager Shoots Down Immediate Miura Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Shyt View Post
    at least not for awhile

Perhaps, Vargas' eye was quite damage. Two massive cuts, swelling and bruising... But this gives me a different perspective of the fight. Now I see where both men's valor and heart came from, they might genuinely dislike each other at this point, over Miura's rather disrespectful remarks. I can see Vargas defending a few times as Miura disposes of other contenders and they re align themselves for another barn burner. This has a classic feel to it, we might be on the verge of a classic trilogy.

Comment

Lol at this guy. Miura earned his nickname because he has 5 Mexican skulls on his mantle. Vargas defeated one Japanese fighter and that doesn't make him "Japanese Killer".

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
        because a fighter talks trash its ok to deny fans of a potential great rematch. ok i get it
        They didn't say it wouldn't happen, just said it wouldn't be an immediate rematch. And yes, despite what you want when people tend to be disrespectful in business others tend to not want to work with them again. Not a hard concept to grasp

Comment

Its understandable, he won a hard fight. I like rematches but then at the same time how many times are you gonna give someone a shot to beat each other? I am not too fond of trilogies etc if their is no drama involved and immediate rematches should only be if their was some grotesque corruption involved but other than that I say let the rematch marinate for a bit.

Comment

I just want them to do it again soon.
            But, if he could beat Uchiyama, then he can be called Mecca Godzilla, if they fight in Tokyo!

That fight stole the show!

Hanabi=Fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by KingTainoCanelo View Post
              I still haven't watched this fight. I just downloaded it. Maybe I should stop trolling the Kneeguel fans and go watch this shyt?
              it was an awesome fight

Comment

if i was his manager i wouldn't do the rematch, Vargas got beat up pretty bad, the japanese even worse but Miura was getting in his groove and starting to land some powerful shots on Vargas, Vargas deserves all the credit but damn that was a close call and he received a lot of hard punches, i can see why Miura has beaten a lot of mexican fighters, Vargas was smart enough to give a Juan Manuel Marquez type of performance instead of a toe-to-toe machismo battle and that's what kept him in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas, Nevada - BoxingScene.com caught up with an elated Ralph Heredia, manager of Francisco "El Bandido" Vargas (23-0-1), shortly after his fighter won what may be the 2015 Fight of the Year against Takashi Miura (29-3-2).

Vargas started off strong and nearly dropped Miura in the first round. After controlling the first few rounds, Vargas was stunned by Miura and dropped in the fourth round. Miura, who is known as the "Mexicutioner" because of his success against Mexican fighters, had control of the fight and appeared to be on his way to a stoppage victory when Vargas caught his second wind and floored Miura in the 9th round. Miura rose to his feet but was finished off moments later.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  Its smart management not to want an immediate rematch. Im sure Vargas gained alot of Mexican fans beating a so called "Mexicutioner" so a homecoming voluntary is understandable & well deserved. Hopefully Vargas stays active though, a lot of Mexican boxers win a big fight take 10+ months off & gain 40lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    Lol at this guy. Miura earned his nickname because he has 5 Mexican skulls on his mantle. Vargas defeated one Japanese fighter and that doesn't make him "Japanese Killer".
                    Pure **** of fighters!

Thompson(god! HAHA).
                    Jardon
                    Diaz
                    Puerta

Pure ****, Vargas was the first mexican of our elite that fought with Miura...

The elite of mexican in 130 pounds are:

Miguel "Alacran" Berchelt
                    Francisco "El Bandido" Vargas
                    Orlando "Siri" Salido
                    Oscar Valdez
                    Adrian "Diamante" Estrella

Comment

I'm surprised to hear about Miura being disrespectful. Japanese fighters are usually humble and respectful.

Comment

Working...
                      X