Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: "My ideal weight is 140, I can still make 135"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac has been Henry Armstronging his opponents for so long people forget he's a legit 140lb fighter.

People complain about Pac's power as of late, but they forget he's only KO'd people at 140 and below. His power while still scary at 147 is not one hit-KO scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
      The extra-high calorie intake was just an exaggeration. As early as the Larios fight in 2006, Manny was already rehydrating to 144+. You can see how sunken his eyes and cheeks look on weigh-ins. Leading up to the Dela Hoya fight, Buboy claimed that he got into an argument with Ariza because the plyometrics program that Ariza had been implementing was slowing Pacquiao down. His performances against Dela Hoya, Hatton and Cotto proved otherwise however, enough for Floyd's camp and fans to call for extra drug testing. I won't believe everything that comes out of Pacquiao's camp.

And contrary to the claims made by other posters, Pacquiao actually leads a very active lifestyle. He is constantly involved with sports festivals, makes it a point to jog and shadow box everytime he wakes up. His work as a congressman doesn't impede his athletic life whatsoever because he is a nearly a ghost employee in the House of Congress. As a matter of fact, he has the most absences.
      Well yeah the larios fight was at featherweight, if he was rehydrating back to 144 from 126/130, then he should have no problem making 140..

Manny walks around at 144-45, if he sweats out some water the day before and takes a nice healthy crap,meh should make 140 with ease...we are talking about 4 pounds from his walk around weight, not all the way down to feather like he was vs larios

Comment

• I think 140 is his best weight. His speed would still be above average and his power would be more dangerous vs. 140 lbers. He'd clean out the division.

The only 147 lber worth staying there for is Floyd, who seems to have no interest in the fight.

And he'd take less punishment. It makes a ton of sense.
        Last edited by stuff jones; 04-15-2014, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• I think he said that in reference to his punching power. Nothing much about going back to 140 or 135.

Comment

• He could make 140 with ease. He weighs in at like 143-4 all the time for his WW fights. 135 might be a stretch, I mean, I think he could make the weight but it might be very taxing at this point in his career. I wouldn't be mad at a move down to 140 to take on Ruslan!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Well yeah the larios fight was at featherweight, if he was rehydrating back to 144 from 126/130, then he should have no problem making 140..

Manny walks around at 144-45, if he sweats out some water the day before and takes a nice healthy crap,meh should make 140 with ease...we are talking about 4 pounds from his walk around weight, not all the way down to feather like he was vs larios
              Agreed. At this rate, some 140lbers are still heavier than him.

Manny's walk-around weight though is 155+. His fully hydrated fighting weight has been fluctuating at 149-151. Making 140 shouldn't be that difficult.

Comment

• Juju iceman still running from Floyd in 2014, smh

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  People don't seem to understand this.

Oh look, Marquez is bigger than Floyd
                  So is Ricky Hatton because he came in at 152 against Pacquiao.

All those fat women you see at McDonalds, they are all naturally heavier than Tyson Fury because they weigh more.

Comment

Working...
                  X