No announcement yet.

Man Dies After Winning Live Roach Eating Contest In Florida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    it's got to be a "good" one though. airtight. they've just got to make sure that all of their bases are covered. i'm not entirely sure what those bases would be specifically. pugly would probably know a few of the areas to look at for weaknesses / strengths. they obviously intend to release themselves from any liabilities, and i dont think that's incredibly difficult to put into a waiver, as you alluded to. those are some of the most basic legally binding documents you'll come across.

i used to have people sign waivers before i took them on kayaking tours. i wish i still had one around to reference for the thread.

amusing, given that you sign your life over with such a simple form, yet if you want to buy or sell something complicated you'll end up signing and initialing hundreds of papers .

#murica.
    Well legal waivers are very common. But obviously if they say "they cannot be held responsible for any problems" and then an autopsy shows there was rat poison in the roaches then they're in trouble

My mom told me he died because he was allergic to shellfish yet signed off on the waiver and there were traces of shellfish

Not sure about the truth to that

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Why did I know it would be in Florida before I even clicked the thread?
      ^^^This^^^^

Every. ****ing. Time.

Comment

This reminds me of that lady who drowned by drinking water and not peeing for some radio show contest. Its sad and stupid and the same damn time.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
          Somebody's getting sued.

Not sure how that's funny though, nobody thought he'd die just from eating insects.

I remember when that poor lady died from a water drinking contest trying to win her son a Nintendo Wii
          No way, I'm sure he signed a waiver like they do for all those stupid things. There was a guy in Denver who died from drinking too much water trying to win SB tickets one year.

Comment

Working...
          X